Boston Bruins 2024-25 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

wintersej

Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Lohrei playing as well as he has in the playoffs has me really excited for next season already. You insert him into the top 4, Beecher claims a full time roster spot, Brazeau claims a bottom 6 spot, you get Poitras back healthy with a full summer of strength training and sliding into 3C. And you have more then enough cap space to re-sign Debrusk while also adding an impact player to play up top with Zacha and Pasta. Something like this as a baseline:

Zacha-x-Pasta
Marchand-Coyle-Debrusk
Frederic-Poitras-Geekie
x-Beecher-Brazeau
Lauko/Brown/Whoever

Lindholm-McAvoy
Lohrei-Carlo
x-Peeke
Wotherspoon

Swayman/Bussi or vet backup

Has the potential to be a really deep team both offensively and defensively.

And Lysell and Merkulov have nothing left do prove in the AHL. What the top 9 is going to look like next year is just chaos.

Reactions: dugg133

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
Damn Drai really does only have 1 more year under contract after this season. This is a spicy rumor. We're one of the few teams that could easily give him 12.5M.

If they don't pay Debrusk, I'd say the odds of this increase a lot...

Reactions: bbfan419

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
If I was Edmonton, I am asking for Swayman, Potsy and Lohrei.
Can't see this deal happening from our end, it would be too much to give up, without hurting the future of the team.

Yeah but nobody gets that in a guy's final year. Everyone WANTS that. But specially with a no trade, nobody gets it.

It'll be like 1st, 3rd, 5th, two good players.

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
Plus one of Swayman or Ullmark to be traded...Yes Swayman. I prefer a $5 Mil goalie over $7. Bussi can come in and fill the void plus Swayman will garnish a very good return.
Nope. You keep Sway and sign him for 8 years. He's 25 and IMHO he'll be a top-notch goaltender for many years.

I'd prefer Sway at 7 mill over a 31-year-old Linus at 5.

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005
The B’s should offer sheet Lundell.
That could be challenging. Da Broons don't have their 2nd round pick next year. So the contract offer would max at: $4,290,126 - $6,435,186, which requires a 1st and a 3rd. Still that might work.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Ullmark, Poitras ++

The question is what is the “++”.
Hopefully Drai only having one year left and potentially able to walk in free agency for nothing takes a little leverage away from Edmonton negotiating a trade. Ullmark + Poitras is a good starting package, but I agree not enough.

I don't do this deal if Swayman or Lorhei are involved, they're too important to the future of this team.

Would we maybe look at adding Carlo to the package (if his limited NTC allows)? It would suck to lose him but we have plenty of top blueliners, and you could gamble on Peeke taking a step forward with more time in the system to become a top-4 guy.

Edmonton gets a starting goalie, a top-end shutdown defender, and a young center with strong middle 6 potential. I'm not sure what more we'd have to add, I'd be willing to throw in any prospect including Lysell if that would get it done.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Re: Drai

You guys realize you could give up a kings ransom for a rental?
all the mock trades started with a "report" from George Laraque about Drai wanting to come be the 1C in boston if the Oilers get bounced early, so I think everyone is assuming Drai would extend here.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Can't see this deal happening from our end, it would be too much to give up, without hurting the future of the team.
You can ask all you want into a dial tone,

Do you realize how good Sway is? Never mind Lohrei,

Dri is a great player but he doesn't get you that return from the B's

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
All Sweeney has to do is tell them he'll wait another year to sign Draisaitl in free agency.

I think Draisaitl stays with Edmonton, but to entertain the idea, I think at minimum, we would be looking at Ullmark + DeBrusk's rights going to Edmonton. Then Edmonton can pick three of Poitras, Merkulov, Lysell, and Frederic.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
All Sweeney has to do is tell them he'll wait another year to sign Draisaitl in free agency.

I think Draisaitl stays with Edmonton, but to entertain the idea, I think at minimum, we would be looking at Ullmark + DeBrusk's rights going to Edmonton. Then Edmonton can pick three of Poitras, Merkulov, Lysell, and Frederic.
Would be such a stupid trade. We don't need to do that.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Would be such a stupid trade. We don't need to do that.
Agreed. Even without knowing how far the Bruins go this year, I think it has been a successful postseason getting the younger players in the lineup experience. Fingers crossed the Bruins go all the way and win the Stanley Cup, but I think they can afford integrating Poitras, Merkulov, and Lysell into the lineup next season.

wintersej

Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Hopefully Drai only having one year left and potentially able to walk in free agency for nothing takes a little leverage away from Edmonton negotiating a trade. Ullmark + Poitras is a good starting package, but I agree not enough.

I don't do this deal if Swayman or Lorhei are involved, they're too important to the future of this team.

Would we maybe look at adding Carlo to the package (if his limited NTC allows)? It would suck to lose him but we have plenty of top blueliners, and you could gamble on Peeke taking a step forward with more time in the system to become a top-4 guy.

Edmonton gets a starting goalie, a top-end shutdown defender, and a young center with strong middle 6 potential. I'm not sure what more we'd have to add, I'd be willing to throw in any prospect including Lysell if that would get it done.

Ullmark ain’t waiving for EDM. It’s Swayman or bust.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
If he wants to come to Boston why trade for him?
Just wait another season and sign him as a Free Agent.

Trying to work out a trade with Edmonton to gain a year of Drai might be madness. Everything Edmonton would want we do not and can not let go of.

Ullmark(Assuming he waves), rights to JDB(If that has value), Trent Frederick, and Lysell?

If you can get Drai here you have to talk, have to put in the time and effort if you are Sweeney. I just don't see us giving up Poitras or Swayman.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
If he wants to come to Boston why trade for him?
Just wait another season and sign him as a Free Agent.

Trying to work out a trade with Edmonton to gain a year of Drai might be madness. Everything Edmonton would want we do not and can not let go of.

Ullmark(Assuming he waves), rights to JDB(If that has value), Trent Frederick, and Lysell?

If you can get Drai here you have to talk, have to put in the time and effort if you are Sweeney. I just don't see us giving up Poitras or Swayman.
If you wanted to put some imputed value on the rights to Jake Debrusk it's somewhere in the area of a 2028 7th round pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad