Boston Bruins 2024-25 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Would you rather Debrusk or Necas for 7? Debrusk has better numbers from what I see.
I’d prefer both, and I don’t want to pay either of them 7. I’d take them both at six and not think twice. And I’d include something with Ullmark to get Necas, but not sure I’d go as high as Lysell unless that’s my only good option to trade Ullmark.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Nope, sorry. I like Poitras a lot but the right development path for him, to me, is a year in Providence playing 20 minutes a night and concentrating on strength and conditioning. Let him play PP1, PK1 and a ton of 5 on 5. Lysell and a veteran with grit to keep an eye on both and not letting him get run as his wingers. Bring him up as your 3c in 25-26. There is a reason the Wings "over developed" the Zetterberg's and Datsyuk's, they were ready when they were called up.
If he’s better in camp this fall than he was last year he gets the job. And that would mean a terrific camp.

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
I’d prefer both, and I don’t want to pay either of them 7. I’d take them both at six and not think twice. And I’d include something with Ullmark to get Necas, but not sure I’d go as high as Lysell unless that’s my only good option to trade Ullmark.
Never know... Maybe Debrusk works with Don and Necas for Ullmark happens... Love the Czech connection... Only strengthens the room

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Why I want Necas:

D1B7AC13-D82D-45E3-8BD2-F35B6612C49D.jpeg

5074F8FF-4BC4-4466-9EA9-28AD56587691.jpeg

54FCBE5F-3D9E-4FC7-BEC8-841FC0F4E0BF.jpeg

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I'll throw a wild one out there

Crosby forces his way out of Pitt.
Ullmark Frederick lysell or Merkulov for Sid.

Why does Pitt do this, why do they need Ullmark if they are going to go into a full rebuild? Now if you are saying some 3rd team is involved where Ulmark goes, then maybe

It would be fun to see one of the games all time greats in Boston, but he is gonna be 37. So if you made a move like this, you need to have a real GFIN plan

Reactions: Gordoff

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
I've wanted Necas fora few years now. Rumour is he wants to go back to play C, he would fit in perfect between Zacha and Pasta imo. Czech line 2.0 and fits the age of the team like a glove.

Not sure what the ask is for his RFA rights or what he's looking for $$$ wise

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Nope, sorry. I like Poitras a lot but the right development path for him, to me, is a year in Providence playing 20 minutes a night and concentrating on strength and conditioning. Let him play PP1, PK1 and a ton of 5 on 5. Lysell and a veteran with grit to keep an eye on both and not letting him get run as his wingers. Bring him up as your 3c in 25-26. There is a reason the Wings "over developed" the Zetterberg's and Datsyuk's, they were ready when they were called up.
Totally agree. But, If he does what he did this fall and More I feel he will get a chance. A lot depends on how his summer goes.

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
Ullmark + Lysell for Necas

Zacha Necas(6) Pasta
Marchand Lindholm(7) Debrusk(5)
Frederic Coyle Geekie
Lauko Beecher Brazeau
extra(800k)

Lohrei McAvoy
Lindholm Carlo
Martinez(1) Peeke
Wotherspoon

Swayman(7)
Bussi (800k)

Might be far fetched but cap works

Think it's worth mentioning that the team could use some veteran help assuming Shatternkirk, Forbort, JVR, and Maroon are all walking. If they go forward heavy, Alec Martinez might be a solid option rotating in with Wotherspoon

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
I’d be down with grabbing Stephenson and Necas over Lindholm

Stephenson seems like Coyle/Zacha top-6 redux. He’d be a fine 2nd line center, but if we take him over Lindholm I’d lose my mind.

Ullmark + Lysell for Necas

Zacha Necas(6) Pasta
Marchand Lindholm(7) Debrusk(5)
Frederic Coyle Geekie
Lauko Beecher Brazeau
extra(800k)

Lohrei McAvoy
Lindholm Carlo
Martinez(1) Peeke
Wotherspoon

Swayman(7)
Bussi (800k)

Might be far fetched but cap works

Think it's worth mentioning that the team could use some veteran help assuming Shatternkirk, Forbort, JVR, and Maroon are all walking. If they go forward heavy, Alec Martinez might be a solid option rotating in with Wotherspoon

If Debrusk would sign for 5m, he’d be a Bruin. Can’t see that happening.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Watching Sweden - Czechia game on nhl network 2-2 after first

Necas just made a play that was vintage Marchand

Donny - go get this guy

Even if he’s a wing, Whoopie shit, he’s a stud game breaker

I should not be watching going to mess me up emotionally rest of weekend :)

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
PLD will never be a Bruin! Never! So I choose Necas.
What if you could get another team involved would you consider PLD at 3-3.5, and would LA be happy with not needing to pay for a buyout or 50% retention. I am not against Necas but he is playing wing for a reason its called faceoffs, if you got PLD at a good price and added a Necas also would you consider something like that.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
One of the few places players have any power is going into last year of RFA. Obviously not the lower tier players but the higher end ones. If they don’t want to resign with their current franchise they can, in effect, create their own NTC list by saying “here are the teams where I will sign long term”. Good recent examples are Tkachuk and Dubois.

That doesn’t mean that their team can’t trade them somewhere else, but it depresses the value of the return. Given the acrimony between Necas and the Canes, it wouldn’t surprise me if he played that card.

Pipe dream is he gives them one (1) team, and that’s one with his Czech brethren on it. In effect, forcing himself to the Bruins. But more likely is he only gives a handful of teams and the Bruins are one of them, and we have the netminder they need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad