Not open for further replies.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Necas for Ullmark is one of those trades that makes so much sense for both sides that there's almost 0% chance it actually happens lol.

Say Carolina is on Ullmark's no trade list - what do we think about Lysell for Necas? Carolina gets a younger player on an ELC, Boston gets a more established talent. Obviously Lysell could be Necas, or better! But there's an equal chance that he totally busts.

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
On DeBrusk, I've gone back and forth so many times. Ultimately I don't think his offense is consistent enough to warrant a long term commitment. I do love the player, he's been a solid contributor and it's been fun to watch him develop into a pretty solid 200 ft player that's reliable on the PK.

I think his offensive success has been highly tied to his center. IIRC his best seasons came playing with Krejci and Bergeron, and his worst came playing with Coyle. Never seen much chemistry between those two. If we're not gonna have a center he gels with I don't think it's worth a big money extension.

Reactions: TCB

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I've wanted Necas fora few years now. Rumour is he wants to go back to play C, he would fit in perfect between Zacha and Pasta imo. Czech line 2.0 and fits the age of the team like a glove.

Not sure what the ask is for his RFA rights or what he's looking for $$$ wise
Rumors are that CAR want a 2C or RD for Necas

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
Why does Pitt do this, why do they need Ullmark if they are going to go into a full rebuild? Now if you are saying some 3rd team is involved where Ulmark goes, then maybe

It would be fun to see one of the games all time greats in Boston, but he is gonna be 37. So if you made a move like this, you need to have a real GFIN plan
Because Sid says I want to be traded to Boston
Pitt gets a goalie, young pieces and is back in the playoffs next year

Who ever said they are going into fill rebuild

Reactions: capecodder

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Can't include link, but Ullmark to Ottawa for JC, possibly more.
JC just doesn`t do it for me, more of the same, Charmin soft, makes nobody fearful to try and stand in front of the net. Rather a Tanev than JC

Interesting. I wonder why they view Necas and Jarvis as wingers and don't try them at center.
total guess but maybe they feel neither can handle the defensive responsibilities that come with being a C? Again, total guess on my part

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
JC just doesn`t do it for me, more of the same, Charmin soft, makes nobody fearful to try and stand in front of the net. Rather a Tanev than JC

total guess but maybe they feel neither can handle the defensive responsibilities that come with being a C? Again, total guess on my part

I hear you on JC. Counter is that the Bruins have one of the worst producing blue lines in the league. Can’t win every game 2-1.

Last edited:

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Necas for Ullmark is one of those trades that makes so much sense for both sides that there's almost 0% chance it actually happens lol.

Say Carolina is on Ullmark's no trade list - what do we think about Lysell for Necas? Carolina gets a younger player on an ELC, Boston gets a more established talent. Obviously Lysell could be Necas, or better! But there's an equal chance that he totally busts.
I think Carolina GM laughs hysterically and hangs up.

is this just speculation?
Bruce Garrioch story.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I’m hear you on JC. Counter is that the Bruins have one of the worst producing blue lines in the league. Can’t win every game 2-1.
no you are right but I think we watched a coming out party of Lohrei and one element I was really encouraged by during the playoffs is he never shied away from the grit aspect, hardly a bruiser but uses his body, which will get stronger, fairly well

I think JC is highly over rated and is far too loved by some on this board, not saying you

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
Are going to see any moves made before draft day. Probably not . Would like to see the Ullmark situation resolved before or bye draft day. The sooner Swayman is signed the better . When is the cap for next season Finalized ?

Reactions: Gordoff

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010

One thing Chychrun can do is hammer the puck, we are sorely lacking that element in our D core. I also wonder how much better he would look playing in a structured Bruins team then for those porous Coyotes and Sens teams.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
It's on the players in my opinion. They knew the repercussions for going all in and they blew it. The team this season overachieved to the point where the majority of hockey fans had them missing the playoffs.

With the cap space the Bruins have, it's time for Sweeney and Co. to bolster this roster and help the new core.
Absolutely agree.

I respect how Sweeney went all in on the 2022-2023 year and it handcuffed him this year BUT now there are no excuses. Either he has the depth and talent to make trades or he doesn't. But that counters to what they say about the team.

Either it's a desirable location to sign as a UFA or it isn't. Up until now, he has never needed to trade for a top six as Bergeron and company were here and he inherited players as well.

His entire resume is trading or signing for reclamation projects or Even Gold 'Golds' but he's now facing a white whale out there that is eluding him annually and now there isn't an excuse to not be aggressive.

Sure did. I still enjoy watching regular season hockey but I put zero stock in it. Bruins fans do a lot of chest thumping October to April ( I do too) but it's really just a survival I guess to get in. Under this regime, the Bruins have been the better seed in ten series, and won 6. They have been the lower seed in five series and won once. 7-8 overall and one season making the cup beating the 5th, 7th and 8th seeds on the way (losing to the WC6 seed). You would hope at some point they would either do as well as they should or surprise a few teams. Fingers crossed.

They essentially 'achieve' or 'under-achieve/fail' in this lens. They never pull out the upset or Over-achieve and destroy a team in 4.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
If so then a realistic deal is Carlo for Necas and you sign a RD. This isn't Carlo hate, you have to give to get and I doubt anybody values Merkulov, Lysell, etc.
But who do we get that can be at least an even replacement for Carlo. Good idea but still stealing from Peter to pay Paul.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Don't touch the D 6. They are set. Don't touch Swayman, just sign him longterm.

Everyone else is on the table for a 1st line C. Everyone. If you believe they have built from the net out, and the D is done now, all focus must go to the top line C as the only priority. If someone offered you a franchise C for Pastrnak you'd have to consider that then solidify the spine of the forwards.

Reactions: sarge88 and Gordoff
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad