Boston Bruins 2024-25 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

pemulis

Sponsor
Jun 15, 2008
postdocing in Sydney
I'm probably crazy here. But I kick the tires on Pavelski. Have him with Marchand and Potsy. Great mentorship, defense stability with the wings, adn then a stud net front presence on teh PP. Put Coyle with freddy and geekie for line 3. Then can sign either a center or wing to play with Zacha and pasta.

Lysell in with an injury.

Reactions: Gordoff

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

This is what I expect from the Bruins management; buying low on a Kotkaniemi project to look like the smartest in the room who doesn't show up in the playoffs.

I'm probably crazy here. But I kick the tires on Pavelski. Have him with Marchand and Potsy. Great mentorship, defense stability with the wings, adn then a stud net front presence on teh PP. Put Coyle with freddy and geekie for line 3. Then can sign either a center or wing to play with Zacha and pasta.

He has looked his age to say the least in these playoffs. He was almost healthy scratched so I'd steer away.

pemulis

Sponsor
Jun 15, 2008
postdocing in Sydney
He has looked his age to say the least in these playoffs. He was almost healthy scratched so I'd steer away.
You're probably right, I see the same in the playoffs. But I was thinking what if you limit him to 50 games, play twice a week. Would he then have the energy for the playoffs? This allows you to integrate rookies at a slower pace.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617

Why would Palveski leave Dallas? He's got it made

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Has Frederic took a big enough jump in development to replace DeBrusk?
And if so move him to 2nd line RW and maybe sign someone like Joshua or Trenin for 3rd line.
Zacha - Lindholm - Pasta
Marchand - Monahan/Stephenson - Frederic
Trenin/ Joshua - Coyle - Geekie
FA/Boqvist/Beecher/Lauko/ Merkulov, Brazeau

If they’re smart they’ll take advantage of having cap space this season to properly slot everyone and not play the “let’s hope someone can become something they aren’t” game.

I’m done hoping guys who have proven to be third liners will magically become second liners.

They lost, in part, because they didn’t get secondary scoring.

They have the money and flexibility to ice a lineup where the third line is Frederic, Coyle, Geekie.

That’s potentially as good a third line as we’ve seen in over a decade.

Also, they can ice a legit 4th line that will cost around 2.7 - 3.0 total if they go with some combination of Lauko, Beecher, Brazeau, Boqvist.

That’s a pretty good 4th line, very cheap.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Teuvo Teravainen would be a really good signing if they decide to let Debrusk walk cause he's asking for too much. Kinda fills the same role as a 2nd line wing that's a good 2-way player and a great PKer. More consistent with his scoring year to year then Jake is though.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
If that ‘offer’ as speculated upon is close to true Id take it and run if Linus agreed.
Me too! Even if its a little close like the first round pick or Chychurn, but I think its a lot of hot air being released and he also suggests that Ulmmark can turn the trade down, well not once he's submitted his no-trade list and if Ottawa wasn't on it, he'd be a goner no matter how Linus feels after the deal has been completed but no-way is his value close to being that high.

"A league executive said Thursday he believes the Senators would likely have to offer defenceman Jakob Chychrun along with a first-round pick and another selection to acquire Ullmark. Even then, he has the hammer because he does have the modified no-trade clause."

blurbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Somerville, MA
Visit site
Looks like former Bruin Ondrej Kase had a healthy year in Czechia and is looking to come back to the NHL.

Wonder if he'd be worth a go similar to Shattenkirk, Jvr, Heinen this year.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Doesn't seem that he's interested in going.

I'm pretty sure Sweeney's tried a few different scenarios to get Ullmark to change his mind.

Personally, I think 2024 would be a good time to move to a different country.
I actually think it was more of what Ottawa offered, a package involving Korpisalo as being the main piece. Im sure Sweeney Politely declined, as he has Bussi waiting in the wings and at a much cheaper price. Rumor also had it that Linus wanted to stay on the east coast and all the teams out west were on his list

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Necas being an RFA and playing with Pasta and Zacha right now can only help.

this is exactly what they should be looking at. necas said he wants to play center,
seems like he's been unhappy in carolina for a little while. we don't know how he'd
fit as a center, obviously...but either way he's a high-end talent which the bruins
need. if it doesn't work in the middle, he's an elite 2RW.

ullmark and whatever else has to go, i'd be all over this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad