2024-25 Roster…too soon?

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Vlasic should not be a PP QB1 lol but lets give it a try and see what happens.

in three years when he settles in to his Hammer trajectory it'll be a funny footnote.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Vlasic should not be a PP QB1 lol but lets give it a try and see what happens.

in three years when he settles in to his Hammer trajectory it'll be a funny footnote.
He's the best PPQB on the team. Which isn't saying much because Chicago's D are putrid when it comes to offense, but still. He's earned the spot.

And I don't think we should automatically pencil him into that Hammer trajectory. What if there's more to his game? What if instead he's Hedman-lite? He certainly looks faster this year, his passing is crisper, and he's jumping in on the offense more often.

Give it a shot and see what happens.

Reactions: Crow

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
would love me some Dylan Cozens for 2C ngl

He's an interesting one. He has not been very good since he signed that big 7 year extension. But at the same token, this is Buffalo we're talking about who have historically struggled to develop their young guys. I'm still not sure I would go for him, but he wouldn't be a bad idea either.

I would still love to see Kyle somehow get Wright out of Seattle if they still are gonna sour on him. Fantilli would be incredible but I highly doubt Columbus gives him up unless the Hawks start talking about their own 2025 pick next year + a young guy or two. He's the type of guy you build around, not trade.

GIADF

Not A Mod
Aug 17, 2024
He's an interesting one. He has not been very good since he signed that big 7 year extension. But at the same token, this is Buffalo we're talking about who have historically struggled to develop their young guys. I'm still not sure I would go for him, but he wouldn't be a bad idea either.

I would still love to see Kyle somehow get Wright out of Seattle if they still are gonna sour on him. Fantilli would be incredible but I highly doubt Columbus gives him up unless the Hawks start talking about their own 2025 pick next year + a young guy or two. He's the type of guy you build around, not trade.

I woudln't risk it with Cozens at a cap hit of 7.1M that doesn't come off the books until 2030. If he doesn't get his act together this year, then that has him as not being all that great 3 of the last 4 seasons. Too risky for me regardless of what the acquisition cost it.

I'd probably take a swing on Wright if the swap was for Korchinski. They have to be close to even at this point in terms of value, I'd think. No idea if Seattle is at all interested in that move, though.

MHO

Sep 27, 2023
tank it out one more season. We need a top 5 forward pick

I'm mixed on this. I think if we end up picking 7-8 this year, we can still get a really good player as this upcoming draft that seems a bit deeper at the top than last year. I'd like to see them start to establish a culture of not being dragged every game and start to identify who is going to be here in the long run so tanking doesn't seem worth it to me.

We might end up getting 75 points or something and still picking third because I don't see any garbage teams this year other than San Jose who, when healthy, will be better than last year but are still destined for the basement.

Regarding getting a young 2C - teams don't just give up young centers with size and potential for nothing. To get a player worth anything, I think we'd have to give up either Nazar or our own first next year plus a sweetener and I don't see that being worth it.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

BHFAN92

Jan 21, 2016
Mid-West
I woudln't risk it with Cozens at a cap hit of 7.1M that doesn't come off the books until 2030. If he doesn't get his act together this year, then that has him as not being all that great 3 of the last 4 seasons. Too risky for me regardless of what the acquisition cost it.

I'd probably take a swing on Wright if the swap was for Korchinski. They have to be close to even at this point in terms of value, I'd think. No idea if Seattle is at all interested in that move, though.
im sorry I am not bailing on a young defenseman with talent. Defensive players take time to develop..dont make same mistakes we made like with Forsling

Reactions: x Tame Impala

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I'm mixed on this. I think if we end up picking 7-8 this year, we can still get a really good player as this upcoming draft that seems a bit deeper at the top than last year. I'd like to see them start to establish a culture of not being dragged every game and start to identify who is going to be here in the long run so tanking doesn't seem worth it to me.

We might end up getting 75 points or something and still picking third because I don't see any garbage teams this year other than San Jose who, when healthy, will be better than last year but are still destined for the basement.

Regarding getting a young 2C - teams don't just give up young centers with size and potential for nothing. To get a player worth anything, I think we'd have to give up either Nazar or our own first next year plus a sweetener and I don't see that being worth it.
I know I've said this a bunch, but the Hawks have so much room to bring up their goal differential and still pick Top 5. Looking around the League there really aren't many "tanky" teams and basically everyone of last year's bottom feeders but San Jose has some reason to believe there will be improvement, maybe Columbus too given the tragedy that befell that team. Philadelphia is probably the only team that will go from "no playoffs, but not tanky" to potentially tanky this year.

GIADF

Not A Mod
Aug 17, 2024
im sorry I am not bailing on a young defenseman with talent. Defensive players take time to develop..dont make same mistakes we made like with Forsling

You're getting what was once considered a two-way top line center prospect in Wright so it's not like you're giving the guy away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad