Maroon, Anderson

Vlasic - Jones
Martinez - Murphy
Allan - Brodie
Kaiser

Mrazek
Soderblom
Brossoit

Not getting another capable center in I think looks a bit bad right now. Nothing crazy, but would be nice to have someone legit.

Callidusblackhawk

Feb 15, 2012
Downers Grove, Illinois
So what are we looking at?

Bertuzzi - Bedard - Kurashev
Hall - AA - Teravainen
Foligno - Dickinson - Mikheyev
Reichel - Donato - Smith
Maroon, Anderson

Vlasic - Jones
Martinez - Murphy
Allan - Brodie
Kaiser

Mrazek
Soderblom
Brossoit

Not getting another capable center in I think looks a bit bad right now. Nothing crazy, but would be nice to have someone legit.
Since there's no kids getting their icetime wasted on the 2nd line its not a big deal leaving that spot open for a kid to take.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
So what are we looking at?

Bertuzzi - Bedard - Kurashev
Hall - AA - Teravainen
Foligno - Dickinson - Mikheyev
Reichel - Donato - Smith
Maroon, Anderson

Vlasic - Jones
Martinez - Murphy
Allan - Brodie
Kaiser

Mrazek
Soderblom
Brossoit

Thoughts-
Pretty sure Richardson is separating Jones and Vlasic to try to spread out. Doubt it'll work but I understand why. Third pair will be Allan-Murphy.

Nazar, please start hot in Rockford so we can punt AA.

I really actually love that Foligno Dickinson Mikheyev. That's a real, actual winning shutdown line I think.

With your lineup, which I think is mostly right, the 2nd line will be getting destroyed and the first line will likely get destroyed (relative to their elite competition they'll draw). They'll get theres but they gonna get got alot.

Reactions: Muffinalt

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Thoughts-
Pretty sure Richardson is separating Jones and Vlasic to try to spread out. Doubt it'll work but I understand why. Third pair will be Allan-Murphy.

Nazar, please start hot in Rockford so we can punt AA.

I really actually love that Foligno Dickinson Mikheyev. That's a real, actual winning shutdown line I think.

With your lineup, which I think is mostly right, the 2nd line will be getting destroyed and the first line will likely get destroyed (relative to their elite competition they'll draw). They'll get theres but they gonna get got alot.
My thoughts:
There is no room for Reichel at the moment.
Dach deserves a shot to begin the season.
Brodie is headed for 7th dman (or worse) the way he has looked.
EDM has played quite well and I wouldn't mind seeing him start the season in Chicago. Same goes for Allan.
Nazar is not ready to play in the NHL.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Allan makes the team while Bustchinski, whom alot of people here had above Jones on the depth chart, is in Rockford.

Nazar was only 2C in the NHL on this forum.

Wasn't Allan a Bowman pick? Funny how the best young defenseman on the Hawks are Bowman picks....
Still waiting on the cubs 2024 wildcard

CCS misses you bud

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
So an opening lineup of

Bedard
Hall
*Teravainen
Kurashev
*Bertuzzi
Foligno
Dickinson
Athanasiou
Donato
Reichel
*Mikheyev
*Smith
*Maroon
Anderson

Jones
Vlasic
*Martinez
Murphy
*Brodie
Kaiser
*Allan

Mrazek
Soderblom

With *Brossoit on IR

Eight new faces, should be a better starting of the year lineup, we’ll see soon enough

Funny to think they’ll be have Allan as a the only rookie…a few youngsters Bedard, Reichel, Vlasic, Kaiser and maybe you consider Kurashev, Anderson and Soderblom youngsters…not a rookie lineup

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
What do you do when Broissoit gets healthy? I like Bussi too
Depends how Bussi plays.

I'm really not against running 3 goalies for a couple months.

Chicago doesn't have their long term goalie situation sorted out yet. Bussi is only 26. Let him audition.

If he's only average at best, you can send him back on waivers. If he looks legit, the 31 and 32 year olds shouldn't be in his way.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Allan makes the team while Bustchinski, whom alot of people here had above Jones on the depth chart, is in Rockford.

Nazar was only 2C in the NHL on this forum.

Wasn't Allan a Bowman pick? Funny how the best young defenseman on the Hawks are Bowman picks....
Yes, Stan picked Allan.... finally taking a guy with some physicality and with more of a defensive upside in his game. The GM had been burned too many times going for undersized offensive dmen. I, for one, applauded the pick but it was mostly given the thumbs down on this board. The Hawks lineup was crying for more defensemen who could actually defend. Ideally Allan would be 20 lbs heavier hence fingers crossed that he can handle the bigger forwards in the league. I'll be cheering for him to succeed.

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
Depends how Bussi plays.

I'm really not against running 3 goalies for a couple months.

Chicago doesn't have their long term goalie situation sorted out yet. Bussi is only 26. Let him audition.

If he's only average at best, you can send him back on waivers. If he looks legit, the 31 and 32 year olds shouldn't be in his way.
If I had just signed with the Blackhawks in the offseason I wouldn't be too happy with them picking up the first waiver fodder goalie who may or may not be marginally better than me. Why would future free agents even bother with a team that would do this?

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
If I had just signed with the Blackhawks in the offseason I wouldn't be too happy with them picking up the first waiver fodder goalie who may or may not be marginally better than me. Why would future free agents even bother with a team that would do this?
It's a rebuild.

Anyone signing here should know that there's a chance they're replaced by young players.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
I woukd take JanJenik off waivers((ftrmOttawa)...impressive in pre-season..versatile..can play all 3 forward positions ...was competing for4C with them but they are deeoat Center ....former Arizona 3rd rounder...good size (6'1 ,185) and can skateand loked creative to me ..I think he cpukd move upline and play 2C for us...Last season inOHL he finished at just over 2 poibts a game (albeit only 27 GP for 56 points..but clearly hevus not just a 4th line grinder...I think the 24 year old kept improving as a pro with AHL sradoni g Nd coukd be a 2C for us if Kurashev moved onto the Bedard line which leaves a hole at 2C..

There does not look to be any other 2C capabke candidates on the waiver wire that interest me...

Cubs2024wildcard

Korchinski for AHL All Star LOL
Apr 29, 2015
And as expected not a single person here holding the stupid GM accountable for being stupid.

Let's face facts-

The Debrincat trade was a failure.
The Hagel trade was a failure.

I do not believe for a second they wanted Bedard but had no choice after they won the lottery. They're target all along was Fantilli and building/developing for three years as all those players developed playing together.

They rushed Bustchinski and now his chances of being a bottom pair guy in the NHL is extremely limited considering Vlasic, Allan, EDM, and Lev are all better prospects/players then he is. Throw is Rinzel, who might be yet another reach draft pick.

Nazar and Moore are both third liners on a Cup contender, if that. I'll say it again, if there was actual potential these guys were going to be 2C or second line wingers neither would have been there for the Hawks to draft them.

"Speed and compete " will never be Cup winning ingredients when the Cup winning Hawk teams were build around intelligence and versatility.

Connor McDavid, the poster boy for speed and compete, has zero Cups on his resume. And there's zero chance the stupid GM can build a team of McDavids when McDavid is a once in a lifetime talent.

And I hate to break it, but Bedard is nowhere near a McDavid and never will be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad