2024-25 Roster…too soon?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Let the kids play in Rockford most of the year then strip the NHL roster down at the deadline and call up the kids and hope the team is top 5 bad but was competitive enough most of the year to be a positive tank year
Yep. Pretty much how I see it playing out. Team gets a solid half year together of vets working with the kids we do have up - start a winning culture by not being a complete bottom feeder- at the deadline move out a few of the tradeable vets like Martinez, Smith, Mikheyev, etc. - bring up some of the kids who didn't have to be shuttled up and down that got time to grow and play big minutes in Rockford. Still be a top 10 pick at the draft but make big gains overall towards respectability.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Bertuzzi-Bedard-Teravainen
Hall-Dickinson-Kurashev
Reichel-Foligno-Mikheyev
Donato-Smith-Athanasiou
Anderson Maroon

Vlasic-Jones
Martinez-Brodie
EDM-Murphy
Phillips

After trade deadline - Hall Athanasiou Martinez Maroon gone.

Bertuzzi-Bedard-Teravainen
Reichel-Nazar-Kurashev
Slaggart-Dickinson-Mikheyev
Dach-Smith-Anderson
Donato

Vlasic-Jones
Korchinski-Murphy
EDM-Brodie
Phillips

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Yep. Pretty much how I see it playing out. Team gets a solid half year together of vets working with the kids we do have up - start a winning culture by not being a complete bottom feeder- at the deadline move out a few of the tradeable vets like Martinez, Smith, Mikheyev, etc. - bring up some of the kids who didn't have to be shuttled up and down that got time to grow and play big minutes in Rockford. Still be a top 10 pick at the draft but make big gains overall towards respectability.
rinse and repeat when we get Bedard's cousin in the following draft then its go time

Reactions: AmericanDream

u2wojo

Dec 22, 2011
I still think there might be a forward moved at some point...Donato or AA (and maybe Hall) seem expendable after all the free agent signings. I wonder if we could include one for Necas, McGoarty, or Pinto as the third piece of a pick, prospect, + player package. One of EDM/Kaiser/Phillips/Allen, + one of '25 Toronto 1st/Hawk 2nd, and one of Donato/AA/Hall should be a serious conversation for any of those 3.

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
Which is 100% the right move in my opinion.
So it seems Korch in the NHL was just a one year thing because they thought he was too good for the WHL and couldn't go to Rockford.

Also interesting is seems like Lev is signing.

Who do you want getting #1 PP mins in Rockford between Korch and Lev?

u2wojo

Dec 22, 2011
With Brodie, Murphy, Martinez, Hall, & AA, it is a good bet that none will sniff 82 games and most will miss 20ish games based on their recent history. Add in that we should be actively moving players at the TDL, there will be plenty of oppurtunity for deserving (and probably underserving) callups.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
So it seems Korch in the NHL was just a one year thing because they thought he was too good for the WHL and couldn't go to Rockford.

Also interesting is seems like Lev is signing.

Who do you want getting #1 PP mins in Rockford between Korch and Lev?
You think they have forward talent to have 4 forwards? If Nazar is down sure. Otherwise: Seney, Gust, and Dach.. not sure who else.

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
I think they start Kaiser with the big club because he's the oldest tbh.

in Rockford
Korchinski-Levshunov
EDM-Allan
Phillips-Crevier

You think they have forward talent to have 4 forwards? If Nazar is down sure. Otherwise: Seney, Gust, and Dach.. not sure who else.
yeah because it seems like Nazar will be down too.

Reactions: Idionym

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
If the plan is to have Nazar down in AHL then not acquiring a f***ing C worth a damn this offseason, then undoes most of Hawks goodwill since you aren't doing shit without a quality C on 2nd line

You will have one line worth a damn (Bedard line) when it comes to being threat to score

Nazar is only viable option to play #2C spot at this point

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
If the plan is to have Nazar down in AHL then not acquiring a f***ing C worth a damn this offseason, then undoes most of Hawks goodwill since you aren't doing shit without a quality C on 2nd line

You will have one line worth a damn (Bedard line) when it comes to being threat to score

Nazar is only viable option to play #2C spot at this point
Nazar hasn't proven he's a NHL caliber player yet. Just because he got his cup of coffee up here doesn't mean he's an automatic for a roster spot this season

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
So who is our #2C? Who is our #3C?

If Nazar is not in plans for NHL spot, then Davidson not bringing in C's via FA or trade is a major issue
Our 2C is hopefully our 2025 top 5 pick :naughty:

It'll be a rotating cast I'm sure but that's fine, we're not supposed to be good this year. KD just (rightfully) added NHL vet depth throughout the lineup so we're not an AHL team + Bedard like we were last season.

I'm not stressing about it, we're still in the rebuild

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I don’t know why everyone is freaking out about lines, it’s not even September yet. If a kid legitimately earns a spot, he’ll be on the team. Nothing wrong with that.

Now remember back in January when half the team died? Kyle is preparing for that scenario by bringing in so much depth, so they don’t have to scramble again should injuries happen.

Looking at the players now. Maroon’s back is f***ed. Murphy’s back is f***ed. AA’s groin is f***ed. Hall is coming off major knee surgery and slight breeze might kill him at this point. Foligno is 37, Martinez and Brodie are 34 and will likely need games off.

Reactions: Muffinalt

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I’m more curious about the powerplay this year. It would be awful to start Jobes on PP1, but there probably isn’t much choice in the coaches mind.

I’ll say Kurashev starts because he had a good year, hopefully he worked on his one timer if they want to continue with that. And the Teuvo and Bertuzzi as guys who can retrieve the puck with Bedard obviously running it.

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
I think Oliver Moore is being very slept on for the long-term solution at 2C. That being said I'm sure this is only the plan now and a good camp/preseason and spots can be won on the roster of course.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
I think Oliver Moore is being very slept on for the long-term solution at 2C. That being said I'm sure this is only the plan now and a good camp/preseason and spots can be won on the roster of course.
Bedard
Nazar/Moore

All C's. It will be interesting to see how things play out. IMO Nazar is the more likely of the two to transition from C to W if it is needed in the hawks future plans...IMO Moore is going to be a super/great two way C.

Last edited:

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
I think I like Moore as a top six wing more than I like him as a center. The way he was deployed at the WJC feels like a good projection for his pro game and he would be a very useful player in that role

Reactions: Muffinalt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad