2024-25 Roster…too soon?

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
I think our biggest need is maybe RD as a vet over Forward Center. When Murph and Zaitsev were down that was brutal on any of our young LD. I would bring back Zaitsev on 1-2 deal (so hard to find RD). trade murph 50% retained about 1/3 into the season. if he could ever stay healthy.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Disagree

Duclair is just as prone to go MIA and be useless majority of time on ice

Neither AA or Duclair in lineup is a good thing
Over the last 4 seasons,

Duclair has
210GP 67G 74A 141Pts 0.67pts/GP

AA has
184GP 43G 46A 89Pts 0.48Pts/GP

Its not even close.

No one is saying they should be signed as the missing piece to a winning team, just that they are good talent players you don't have to break the bank on, but if I were to choose one, its Duclair, all day, everyday.

Reactions: CanadianHawks

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
I think our biggest need is maybe RD as a vet over Forward Center. When Murph and Zaitsev were down that was brutal on any of our young LD. I would bring back Zaitsev on 1-2 deal (so hard to find RD). trade murph 50% retained about 1/3 into the season. if he could ever stay healthy.

There is absolutely no reason to bring back Zaitsev, Megna or Tinordi. Phillips and Crevier will get similar results and will hopefully have their play trend up.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
if you just go by P/G zaitsev would be the 19th best UFA RD available. the top 3 in order are montour, shattenkirk and tyler myers. its montour and a bunch of #6/7.

CanadianHawks

Feb 23, 2018
I fully expect a middle six C that can play both ends of the ice, a second line caliber all terrain forward, a 4/5 D man and a platoon goalie

For example. Wennberg, Debrusk, Hakkanpa/Brodie, and Samsonov

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Is Duclair the black player we had on the squad back in 2018 or 2019 where some asshole fan was yelling at him "stick to basketball!" or something racist like that?

I wouldn't be surprised if he never wanted to play for us again

Reactions: Drumman44 and Pez68

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
Is Duclair the black player we had on the squad back in 2018 or 2019 where some asshole fan was yelling at him "stick to basketball!" or something racist like that?

I wouldn't be surprised if he never wanted to play for us again

Idiots are going to be idiots.

I'd offer Duclair a 2 year deal at an inflated price. He's a good stop gap kind of player.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
if you just go by P/G zaitsev would be the 19th best UFA RD available. the top 3 in order are montour, shattenkirk and tyler myers. its montour and a bunch of #6/7.
Shattenkirk has looked fairly good for the bruins in the playoffs. I think he was healthy scratched for a game and they brought him back. Hes been playing PP time and was playing with 2 min down 1 last night.

I wonder if hes an adequate 6th defenseman to play with Del Mastro or Kaiser and get some PP minutes.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Im also interested in Arvidsson. I think LA moves on and hes got enough skill to play in the top 6 while not going to look for long term.

Kurashev-Bedard-Kane
Reichel-Stephenson-Arvidsson
Hall-Dickinson-Foligno
Slaggart-Donato-AA
Anderson

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Pierre Luc Dubois maybe getting bought out after year 1 is so hilarious. What a disaster that guy is. I wonder how many teams he’ll retire playing with.

Yup. He is literally the type of player you say "I don't care how much lack of skill we have. Do NOT bring that type of cancer to the team".

Reactions: Malaka and Pez68

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
Pierre Luc Dubois maybe getting bought out after year 1 is so hilarious. What a disaster that guy is. I wonder how many teams he’ll retire playing with.
What’s weird is that based on his contract it’s either now or never to buy him out

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I have no interest in Marner. However, I would love to be the 3rd party that moves Marner. From a poster on the Leafs bor:
“The Marner and Tavares deals don't have to be difficult.

Marner:
To DAL: Marner (50% retained) (+2.25M)
To CHI: Liljegren, DAL 24 1st, Faksa, 50% of Marner's salary (+4.25M)
To TOR: Stankoven, Murphy (-6.5M)”

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I have no interest in Marner. However, I would love to be the 3rd party that moves Marner. From a poster on the Leafs bor:
“The Marner and Tavares deals don't have to be difficult.

Marner:
To DAL: Marner (50% retained) (+2.25M)
To CHI: Liljegren, DAL 24 1st, Faksa, 50% of Marner's salary (+4.25M)
To TOR: Stankoven, Murphy (-6.5M)”
There’s about 6 different reasons why that’ll never happen.

The trade to make is Marner for Jones.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
There’s about 6 different reasons why that’ll never happen.

The trade to make is Marner for Jones.
I don’t want Marner. I want to be the middle man eating half for a year for some cool assets. Aware that this specific deal isn’t realistic.

Leafs fans think they can trade Marner for Dobson.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I don’t want Marner. I want to be the middle man eating half for a year for some cool assets. Aware that this specific deal isn’t realistic.

Leafs fans think they can trade Marner for Dobson.
Marner has 1 year left. Who cares?

Let him cook with Bedard and then flip him with 50% retention at the deadline.

Reactions: Drumman44

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Davidson is going to improve this team, but I don't see the really big contract players coming here. Marner is interesting with just 1 year and you know Toronto has to start making some changes, but I don't see us giving up our carefully acquired premier draft stock.

CanadianHawks

Feb 23, 2018
Im also interested in Arvidsson. I think LA moves on and hes got enough skill to play in the top 6 while not going to look for long term.

Kurashev-Bedard-Kane
Reichel-Stephenson-Arvidsson
Hall-Dickinson-Foligno
Slaggart-Donato-AA
Anderson
I don’t see Kane but definitely could see Stephenson and Arvidsson. Like both players. The kind of players that fit our mold. Fast and high motor. Two way game

Reactions: Muffinalt

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Why would Marner waive, without knowing where he's going to end up?
Why do you assume he wouldn't know?

You tell him you have no interest in re-signing him and ask him which playoff teams he'd be interested in joining.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad