2024-25 New Goalie Gear Setups and Masks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
I still find it astoundingly stupid they're going with a generic name like this and no logo. They had more than enough time to come up with something and the whole, waiting a year to "get it right" is pathetic.

I hope this doesn't become a trend if/when there is more movement/expansion.
A great way to boost jersey sales twice.

Inaugural season, these will then be collectors items as it'll be gone and a new set will come out and they'll all buy those as fans. But yeah, it's quite lazy to not have decided on a name sooner. I mean if they were interested in buying the Coyotes even before the purchase, you'd think they would have done some research on Branding rather than leaving it to later and then thinking they didn't have enough time.

I mean if you think about it, in 2022 he was interested you would think he would have at least some work done in that area of potential ideas or something, so for 2yrs he had no idea? Then needs more time? Lol

Reactions: The Nuge

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
That looks like some kindergarten kid with a new crayon set for school was told to doodle something before milk and cookie time. Blechhhh.
Like Dave didn't even go out and research unique aspects of Utah. He could have put the famous arch, SLC capitol building, or other famous landmarks/wildlife. Yet what goes through his brain is shark week and drawing pointy teeth like objects that have no semblance of anything. He needs to get fired or replaced from Bauer.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Like Dave didn't even go out and research unique aspects of Utah. He could have put the famous arch, SLC capitol building, or other famous landmarks/wildlife. Yet what goes through his brain is shark week and drawing pointy teeth like objects that have no semblance of anything. He needs to get fired or replaced from Bauer.
Ya he could have simply drawn a line from south to north, signifying the I-15 interstate that takes 2 hours to travel through metro SLC on. Even that would have had more meaning to the fans than “this”.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
DaveArt incoming:

Saros: F (As much of an F that is possible, the skull creature is good, but the side Nashville logos make it so effin' bad).

Bob: B+ (A bit too bland preventing anything higher, but at least it looks clean and has tradition to it).

Kuemper: A (Great mask, clean and has a good structure to it. What prevents it from being excellent is the "off-centre" Kings logo between the King's crown and the number 35. There's no reason that the logo should be there, but Dave doesn't believe in keeping spots open).

Fedotov: B (Another quite good-looking mask showing that Dave has talent, but the random "Philadelphia" white strip that separates the top and bottom of the mask is so unnecessary. All he needed to do was fade orange to black, not that hard fam).

Lindgren: D- (I get that Lindgren likes his mask to match his pointy pad design by Vaughn, but this is when he did his Jackson Pollock cocaine binge. Like what the f*** is going on in this mask?).

Talbot: A+ (Easily one of the best masks I've seen in the past five years. I am not a sucker for retro, but it was a good quality design which is CLEAN. That is Dave's safe word which he hates to use lol).

Reactions: FMichael

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
it has that look of paint brush on paper. kinda soggy. a consistent solid red would look better imo
Well in the description it does state it’s a 2D brush job without any special effects…I personally like it instead of all that flashy/glittery garbage that you normally see with Dave Art.

Nogatco Rd

Did you just call me Coltrane?
Apr 3, 2021
I might be in the minority but I find the tiger’s mouth distracting. It took me a while to realize it’s just the top and bottom of its mouth and not just a red blob.

Also, minor gripe but I’m not a fan of the random logos on the side of the mask. We get it MAF, you live in Minnesota.
agree about the mouth, disagree about the Twins & Vikings logo though. I think it's cool to have a shoutout to the other home teams. The more that team logos/nicknames/insignia are evocative of the place and the people they represent the better IMO

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
it has that look of paint brush on paper. kinda soggy. a consistent solid red would look better imo

Just more proof that Dave can find a way to overcomplicate or fail to perfectly execute even the simplest of "2D FX" designs. The "brush textures FX" or whatever just completely detracts from the concept. It's distracting and ends up looking like it was just hand painted by a DIYer at home. It takes away from the intended "simplicity" of the design.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad