2024-25 New Goalie Gear Setups and Masks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ignatius

Utah Direwolf
Apr 28, 2010
Sin Bin
Here's Jarry's new pads set up for those that like to see what everyone is doing, no matter what.

img_7868.jpg

Vaughn going back to their graphic style from 20 years ago, I know because I had those pads with those graphics in 2004

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
The very first DaveArt offering of the year, and it's surprisingly clean!

Joey Daccord's new Kraken lid:

Not to pile on (just kidding, I'm totally piling on intentionally) but DaveArt's designs would be so much better with more simplicity. Kuemper's mask would actually look really fantastic if you lost the hand sketched, jagged linework and all the extra BS. I don't understand why so many goaltenders want their lids to look like they were hand sketched rather than painted.

D'Accord's mask is still a little too busy for my liking but I like how crisp it is. The little design elements are cool too. Tone it down a little bit and that's a beauty of a helmet.

Last edited:
Reactions: biturbo19

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022

Might be the worst one I've seen from this season. This looks like it was designed in some rednecks garage before he passed out from huffing spray paint fumes.

To be fair, CuJo's mask itself, was already a rip off of Andy Moog's mask.
Unpopular opinion with my fellow Blues fans but Moog's was better. I always liked Joseph's trumpet mask better than the mad dog mask.

Reactions: biturbo19

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Might be the worst one I've seen from this season. This looks like it was designed in some rednecks garage before he passed out from huffing spray paint fumes.

Unpopular opinion with my fellow Blues fans but Moog's was better. I always liked Joseph's trumpet mask better than the mad dog mask.

Have you seen Saro's mess..err mask? I think that is the runaway leader right now for what on earth are we looking at?

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
I like Samsonov’s debut Vegas artwork, though I’d have cut down on the 3rd logos on the edges and replaced it maybe with the Vegas word mark. Also,1 looks like he’s switched from a Vaughn’s Pro Choice to a CCM bucket:

Sue me, I like this one too.

This one, meh.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Not to pile on (just kidding, I'm totally piling on intentionally) but DaveArt's designs would be so much better with more simplicity. Kuemper's mask would actually look really fantastic if you lost the hand sketched, jagged linework and all the extra BS. I don't understand why so many goaltenders want their lids to look like they were hand sketched rather than painted.

D'Accord's mask is still a little too busy for my liking but I like how crisp it is. The little design elements are cool too. Tone it down a little bit and that's a beauty of a helmet.

Amen. The Kuemper one is actually compositionally, pretty good. It has real promise. Actually follows and respects the lines and contours of the "canvas" (ie.. mask) and has a fairly coherent design concept that isn't overly cluttered. Actually even makes use of some negative space to balance it a bit. Not a super memorable mask, but a good solid one...

Right up until it fumbles at the goal line, where Dave can't help but add detail elements that aren't just crisp, clean lines. They have to be fuzzy and "hand drawn FX" jaggedy lines and unnecessary texturing.

In graphic design terms, crisp clean lines and solid fills almost always work better for clear presentation and communication of a concept. Dave clearly doesn't get that.

Reactions: Snubbed4Vezina

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad