Aug 16, 2008
The City

4b06c816-c4f5-4c3f-bc27-fd3175a38cab_text.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

In the ECHL it doesn't seem to matter as much as it does in the AHL and NHL (even though there's proof of small players having success in those leagues, too).

Two of 3R's best players last year were Beauregard and Boucher, who are both small players. And they're top D was Tourigny. All three of them are 5'9" or shorter.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
In the ECHL it doesn't seem to matter as much as it does in the AHL and NHL (even though there's proof of small players having success in those leagues, too).

Two of 3R's best players last year were Beauregard and Boucher, who are both small players. And they're top D was Tourigny. All three of them are 5'9" or shorter.

I was quite partial to Pierrick Dubé, too. though I guess he wasn't down there very long. Would have loved to keep him for laval.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019

Ideal ECHL lineup is one big defenseman, one medium defenseman, one small forward and two medium forwards. Now you have the perfect NES Ice Hockey lineup.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

13th player 3R is signing to an ECHL deal. This time, it will be Zachary Émond. Very happy he'll be back. He did play 17 regular season games, but he had a .907 SV% even though in the Tweet's clue, they say he had a .901 SV%. Nevertheless, happy he'll be back.

So MTL should have Monty & Primeau. LAV should have Dobes & Hughes. 3R should have Émond & Hunter Jones.

Émond is the smallest among all of the goalies in the organization:

Monty: 6'3" & 198 lbs
Primeau: 6'3" & 203 lbs
Dobes: 6'4" & 201 lbs
Hughes: 6'4" & 225 lbs
Jones: 6'5" & 209 lbs
Émond: 6'3" & 181 lbs.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I'm guessing something like that as of now:

Novak - Beauregard - Beaucage
Beauchamp - Cormier - Yantsis
Hylland - Brushett - Paiement
Mianscum

Martin - Thomas
Paquette - Matthews
Proctor

Emond
Jones

I feel the D is very green. Martin has a lot of experience (and this is Thomas 3rd season), but Matthews, Paquette and Proctor are all fresh out the University last year (they all played a few ECHL games at year end).

Also depends if Laval send a D down, but I assume they would need Jandric and Sevigny as depth so they would need to sign some guys.

Reactions: GrandBison

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019
I'm guessing something like that as of now:

Novak - Beauregard - Beaucage
Beauchamp - Cormier - Yantsis
Hylland - Brushett - Paiement
Mianscum

Martin - Thomas
Paquette - Matthews
Proctor

Emond
Jones

I feel the D is very green. Martin has a lot of experience (and this is Thomas 3rd season), but Matthews, Paquette and Proctor are all fresh out the University last year (they all played a few ECHL games at year end).

Also depends if Laval send a D down, but I assume they would need Jandric and Sevigny as depth so they would need to sign some guys.
I guess Montmigny will be back too.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
The roster so far:

Zachary Émond

Bryce Martin
Lukash Matthews
Jacob Paquette
Kirby Proctor
Cory Thomas

Anthony Beachamp
Anthony Beauregard
Ryan Brushett
Tommy Cormier
Tyler Hylland
Charles-Antoine Paiement
Jonathan Yantsis

And then there are Israel Mianscum & Zack Hayes who are on two-way AHL deals.

If it will be to announce a captain, my guess it will be Beauregard. And all signs point to Montminy not returning.

Reactions: Nevins

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019
The roster so far:

Zachary Émond

Bryce Martin
Lukash Matthews
Jacob Paquette
Kirby Proctor
Cory Thomas

Anthony Beachamp
Anthony Beauregard
Ryan Brushett
Tommy Cormier
Tyler Hylland
Charles-Antoine Paiement
Jonathan Yantsis

And then there are Israel Mianscum & Zack Hayes who are on two-way AHL deals.

If it will be to announce a captain, my guess it will be Beauregard. And all signs point to Montminy not returning.
Every media in town is speculating that this is about Montmigny returning. He's the face of the franchise in Trois-Rivières since the beginning. We'll have to wait and see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad