Perron- Stu- Giroux
Crookshank- Greig - Amadio
Gregor- Ostapchuk- MacEwen

Sanderson - Zub
Chabot - Jensen
[UFC Bargain Bin] - JBD

Ullmark
Forsberg

I'm just assuming Norris isn't healthy to avoid being disappointed and Kleven, as good as he is, is a rookie. I'm hoping he is good enough to outplay whatever bargain bin FA we sign.

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Tkachuk - Pinto- Batherson
Perron- Stu- Giroux
Crookshank- Greig - Amadio
Gregor- Ostapchuk- MacEwen

Sanderson - Zub
Chabot - Jensen
[UFC Bargain Bin] - JBD

Ullmark
Forsberg

I'm just assuming Norris isn't healthy to avoid being disappointed and Kleven, as good as he is, is a rookie. I'm hoping he is good enough to outplay whatever bargain bin FA we sign.
Meh, just put Kleven in there. No need to dumpster dive when he needs to get his feet wet anyway.

SweSensFan

Feb 15, 2019
Tkachuk - Stützle - Batherson
Norris - Pinto - Giroux
Perron - Greig - Amadio
Crookshank - Gregor - MacEwen
Ostapchuk (probably in the AHL)

Sanderson - Zub
Chabot - Jensen
Kleven - Hamonic
JBD

Ullmark
Forsberg
It is very clear we still need a 4th liner and a bottom pairing rhd. Gudas would be my favourite option at D but not very realistic.

Who is out there that we could realistically sign or trade for?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
For those that argued our roster is worse, CiH put up the opening night roster and compared it to the expected roster:

Which would you rather start the year with (lol at having to start the year a man short because Dorion can't manage the cap)?

1720118424255.png

1720118453457.png

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
It is very clear we still need a 4th liner and a bottom pairing rhd. Gudas would be my favourite option at D but not very realistic.

Who is out there that we could realistically sign or trade for?

I think Ostapchuk steps up and is a good 4th liner pretty early in the season.

As for bottom pairing RD I think we just need a bottom pairing D that can compete with the rest of our D. I think sending out Kleven-JBD is asking fro trouble. Sending out Kleven - Hamonic is probably worse.

I don't know who the solution is but I think we need another experienced D who can still play 40-50 games a year at least. And I don't think Hamonic is that guy.

Reactions: SweSensFan

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
For those that argued our roster is worse, CiH put up the opening night roster and compared it to the expected roster:

Which would you rather start the year with (lol at having to start the year a man short because Dorion can't manage the cap)?

View attachment 892311
View attachment 892312
Answer is obviously # 2 imo. No debate.

Crazy how much turnover in general. 7 new bodies (likely + 1 or 2 more depending what else they do), plus Norris/Pinto potentially full time. That's half the team.

SweSensFan

Feb 15, 2019
I think Ostapchuk steps up and is a good 4th liner pretty early in the season.

As for bottom pairing RD I think we just need a bottom pairing D that can compete with the rest of our D. I think sending out Kleven-JBD is asking fro trouble. Sending out Kleven - Hamonic is probably worse.

I don't know who the solution is but I think we need another experienced D who can still play 40-50 games a year at least. And I don't think Hamonic is that guy.
Agree on ostapchuk likely being fine on 4th line, not so sure about mcEwen..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad