Laval Rocket: 2024-25 Laval Rocket Thread

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Laval still has 8D: Engstrom, Mailloux, Trudeau, Lindstrom, Hayes, Wortherspoon, Jacobs, and Jandric.

Jandric was mostly with 3R last year after Laval acquired him for Laaouan. So it's likely he will also be sent down to 3R and Laval goes with 7D. Of course, there's no roster limit in the AHL, so Laval could go with 8D.

Last edited:
Reactions: EveryDay

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
If ABB was down there, I’d probably pay for the subscription, but that forward group is just looking iffy to me. We’re basically counting on Farrel, Mesar and Roy to do really well, with Florian and Tuch to also do well. I’m very wary of that. No Reinbacher on the back end for most of the year as well? I’m not as optimistic as I was.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
If ABB was down there, I’d probably pay for the subscription, but that forward group is just looking iffy to me. We’re basically counting on Farrel, Mesar and Roy to do really well, with Florian and Tuch to also do well. I’m very wary of that. No Reinbacher on the back end for most of the year as well? I’m not as optimistic as I was.
And Beck?!

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006

Laval still has 8D: Engstrom, Mailloux, Trudeau, Lindstrom, Hayes, Wortherspoon, Jacobs, and Jandric.

Jandric was mostly with 3R last year after Laval acquired him for Laaouan. So it's likely he will also be sent down to 3R and Laval goes with 7D. Of course, there's no roster limit in the AHL, so Laval could go with 8D.
Laval has 8 D right now and Trois-Rivieres 6 under contract with either TR or Laval, plus three on tryouts.

Not counting the tryouts, TR has 22 players now in camp. If Jandric gets added, they will have 23, which is two over the limit of 21 (though one extra is allowed in October).

ECHL teams usually dress 6 D, 11 F and 2 G to make up the total allowed of 19, and carry one extra D and one extra F on the active roster. It will be interesting to see who TR cuts.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Laval opens the season tonight against Providence. Game is at 7PM ET. I didn't start a game thread because I won't be subscribing to FloHockey and I know others feel the same way. I don't want to start one if I won't be watching. @Tyson is more than welcome to start one if he prefers to. Personally, I will be starting GDT's when they have home games and the games are on RDS.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Laval opens the season tonight against Providence. Game is at 7PM ET. I didn't start a game thread because I won't be subscribing to FloHockey and I know others feel the same way. I don't want to start one if I won't be watching. @Tyson is more than welcome to start one if he prefers to. Personally, I will be starting GDT's when they have home games and the games are on RDS.

I will be watching so I will be setting up a GDT. I never do anything fancy but I will set one up @Adam Michaels

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON

Too good to hang out with us in the CF Montreal thread anymore, too good to hang out with us in the Rocket thread now. You used to be cool man :shakehead

• Haha
Reactions: Adam Michaels

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Is flohockey the only place to buy a subscription to Laval? I miss the days of team passes. Flo is way overpriced for what I want. Especially with the stupid 1 IP address rule. So if I'm at work and want to toss on the game - my dad can't watch the game. Don't really want to give them my money for poor service.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Too good to hang out with us in the CF Montreal thread anymore, too good to hang out with us in the Rocket thread now. You used to be cool man :shakehead

200w.gif

Too cheap to afford those insane MLS Season Pass and now FloHockey subscriptions. I knew I was going to lose touch with CFMTL and I'm afraid I'll lose a bit of touch with Laval. The saving grace is that every home game will be on RDS.

Is flohockey the only place to buy a subscription to Laval? I miss the days of team passes. Flo is way overpriced for what I want. Especially with the stupid 1 IP address rule. So if I'm at work and want to toss on the game - my dad can't watch the game. Don't really want to give them my money for poor service.

I know. AHL TV team-only subscriptions were the best. Unfortunately, FloHockey is the only place to watch AHL hockey and they don't have team-only subscriptions. In fact, you're not only paying for AHL. You're paying fo ECHL, BCHL, USHL, Atlantic Hockey and CCHA conferences of the NCAA (two most boring conferences), and now the SHL. Basically a whole other bunch of leagues not making it worth paying the insane price.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
View attachment 915297

Too cheap to afford those insane MLS Season Pass and now FloHockey subscriptions. I knew I was going to lose touch with CFMTL and I'm afraid I'll lose a bit of touch with Laval. The saving grace is that every home game will be on RDS.

I know. AHL TV team-only subscriptions were the best. Unfortunately, FloHockey is the only place to watch AHL hockey and they don't have team-only subscriptions. In fact, you're not only paying for AHL. You're paying fo ECHL, BCHL, USHL, Atlantic Hockey and CCHA conferences of the NCAA (two most boring conferences), and now the SHL. Basically a whole other bunch of leagues not making it worth paying the insane price.
I would be totally content with the $20 a month if I could watch from two places... but the one IP is really bad. And If you don't want to waste basically 3 months of a subscription, you have to pay monthly... and it jumps from $17 to $40? That's wilddddd.

I don't like finding alternative methods, but man. I remember the good old days being able to "rent" a single game and watch. I did it for the Calder Cup playoff run and it was awesome. I think it was like $5 a game and you could watch the ones you could fit in. That was great.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad