Laval Rocket: 2024-25 Laval Rocket Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
new coach so we'll see how he views things, but Farrell was easily one of the few players creating things consistently on the PP so I would be surprised if he's not on PP1, but then again Houle almost never had him on PP1 even when it was struggling badly.

Drove me crazy those last few games. I didn't want Vincent but I'm glad Houle is gone

Reactions: montreal

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
So they might not officially cut anyone until Sunday/Monday...

I think they made silent cuts because the groups are split in 3, with Groups 2 and 3 being mostly guys destined for the AHL/ECHL. And maybe why they didn't make them official yet is because they want reserve the opportunity to have anyone in the line-up. I don't really know, I'm just guessing on that one.

But for what it's worth, I think after the game tonight or tomorrow, they will announce the cuts in one announcement.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Drove me crazy those last few games. I didn't want Vincent but I'm glad Houle is gone

I can't say I know Vincent much but the talk on him made me concerned but so far in the little i've heard he seems to say the right thing and I said many times how smart Hughes appears to be though I wasn't a fan of the decision to bring Houle back (not that I felt it was the worst move) so I'm going to be paying very close attention to Laval this year and look forward to see what he can do with the likes of Mesar, Farrell, Beck, Heineman, Reinbacher, Mailloux, Engstrom.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
1000010035.jpg

Eric Gelinas is odd.

Reactions: morhilane

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

Gelinas was a decent vet for the first year Rocket. Went on an Euro tour (Slovakia when they had a KHL team, Sweden and Switzerland) and I guess he wants to come back closer to home. He's actually the only worthwhile invite from a Laval perspective if his play has not taken too much of a drop. He would still probably just be a depth option fighting with Jacobs and Sevigny for ice time.

Charles Savoie and Simon Motew are trying to get a pro deal instead of going to USports. Nijhoff, Cormier, Thomas and Paquette already have a TR deal but I assume they're aiming at an AHL deal. Not sure any of these guys should get an AHL deal unless they want more depth stashed in TR (and protected from poaching by other AHL teams).

From that current roster (of course, there's a few guys still up):

Farrell - Gignac - Mesar
Davidson - Dauphin - Perreault
Simoneau - Beck - Kidney
Tuch - Condotta - Xhekaj
Arseneau - Nijhoff - Novak
Mianscum - Cormier - Beaucage
Savoie

Wotherspoon - Jacobs
Engstrom - Gelinas
Trudeau- Sevigny
Jandric - Hayes
Thomas, Paquette, Motew

Hughes
Cavallin
Jones

ABB and/or Heineman pushes Mesar down. Mailloux/Reinbacher (if healthy) pushes the whole right side down. Dobes get starter spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad