Laval Rocket: 2024-25 Laval Rocket Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
So outside of that one press release, I haven't seen anything else about AHL live moving to flosports. Not promoting your product is a hell of a strategy.

Has the AHL made an official announcement on a press release? All I've seen is some reporter on Twitter said they might migrate to FloSports this upcoming season. But I haven't seen anywhere it being official. But it's possible I missed it.

For what it's worth, FloSports does have the ECHL (for anyone interested in watching 3R). They also have the BCHL (Merrill & Vecvanags). They also have NCAA hockey. However, it's the CCHA and Atlantic Hockey conferences, where Habs don't have any prospects. However, there are cross-conference games during the season, so at times, a team with a prospect on it faces one of the teams available on FloSports.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rapala

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Has the AHL made an official announcement on a press release? All I've seen is some reporter on Twitter said they might migrate to FloSports this upcoming season. But I haven't seen anywhere it being official. But it's possible I missed it.

For what it's worth, FloSports does have the ECHL (for anyone interested in watching 3R). They also have the BCHL (Merrill & Vecvanags). They also have NCAA hockey. However, it's the CCHA and Atlantic Hockey conferences, where Habs don't have any prospects. However, there are cross-conference games during the season, so at times, a team with a prospect on it faces one of the teams available on FloSports.
Nothing seems to have changed on their offering site roughly $109.00 for the full package and $64.00 for one team.
Still offered under AHLTV.com I don't see any mention of what is behind that however.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Nothing seems to have changed on their offering site roughly $109.00 for the full package and $64.00 for one team.
Still offered under AHLTV.com I don't see any mention of what is behind that however.

I have my subscription on auto-renew and I usually get an email letting me know it will renew around mid-September.

Reactions: Rapala

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City

1725377160191.png

Not as far as I can tell.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

Some more depth in nets. They have Dobes and Hughes in Laval. They have Émond and Hunter Jones for 3R. And now they add Luke Cavallin on a two-way AHL deal, which will surely be more for 3R, as well.

He's a better 5th goalie than Jones, but not sure where Jones is going to play if they go Émond/Cavallin in TR. Maybe they loan him to another ECHL team until injuries happen.

And then you have the Vrbetic question mark. Maybe they stash him in one of the lower league like the SPHL or FPHL in case we get two injuries in the top 6 goalies. I don't know if they fixed relations with the LNAH so I doubt he goes there.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
He's a better 5th goalie than Jones, but not sure where Jones is going to play if they go Émond/Cavallin in TR. Maybe they loan him to another ECHL team until injuries happen.

And then you have the Vrbetic question mark. Maybe they stash him in one of the lower league like the SPHL or FPHL in case we get two injuries in the top 6 goalies. I don't know if they fixed relations with the LNAH so I doubt he goes there.

Very possible. Curious if they signed Cavallini because maybe one of the goalies for 3R are not healthy (Émond or Jones)?

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
The sooner we get our main roster squared away the better for our farm teams.
We are slowly addressing the dearth of talent we have suffered from for decades.
I'm still not that concerned about Laval's standing until the acquisitions of the last couple of seasons reach a point of saturation.
That can only happen when there aren't glaring weakness to be addressed higher up.
Imagine having NHL potential talent with no where to go for a while. :D

Last edited:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
The sooner we get our main roster squared away the better for our farm teams.
We are slowly addressing the dearth of talent we have suffered from for decades.
I'm still not that concerned about Laval's standing until the acquisitions of the last couple of season reach a point of saturation.
That can only happen when there aren't glaring weakness to be addressed higher up.
Imagine having NHL potential talent with no where to go for a while. :D

Beck, Mesar, Reinbacher, Engstrom, Xhekaj, Tuch, Mailloux, Hutson, Roy, Farrell, Heineman, Kidney, Davidson, Simoneau, Trudeau....

A lot of exciting prospects to follow. Some might crack the Habs and some might not be in Laval for long. Either way, that's a lot of talent and exciting prospects to follow.

And then you have vets like Gignac, Barré-Boulet, and Dauphin, who are great AHL players.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Beck, Mesar, Reinbacher, Engstrom, Xhekaj, Tuch, Mailloux, Hutson, Roy, Farrell, Heineman, Kidney, Davidson, Simoneau, Trudeau....

A lot of exciting prospects to follow. Some might crack the Habs and some might not be in Laval for long. Either way, that's a lot of talent and exciting prospects to follow.

And then you have vets like Gignac, Barré-Boulet, and Dauphin, who are great AHL players.
Yup we do have much more/better balance this season.
The first notable difference will be End of Season Dobes vs Early Season Dobes last year.

Last edited:

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Yup we do have much more balance this season.
The first notable difference will be End of Season Dobes vs Early Season Dobes last year.
Laval had a ton of young players to start last season...the team had weak vets and it cost them the playoffs because of their poor start.
Dobes will be a rock in net!

Hopefully the AHL vets lead properly

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Anthony Marcotte just announced that he will be a beat reporter for the Canadiens this year for BPM Sports (radio station he calls the Rocket games on). It will be a new role for him.

Regarding the Laval Rocket pxp, there will be an announcement soon. But he did say he hasn't called his last game for Laval. My guess, someone else will be the full time pxp guy and Marcotte will join when he can.

Happy to see good things happen to someone who works real hard and does a reat job. He also does pxp for boxing and racing. So he's not just a hockey guy.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Anthony Marcotte just announced that he will be a beat reporter for the Canadiens this year for BPM Sports (radio station he calls the Rocket games on). It will be a new role for him.

Regarding the Laval Rocket pxp, there will be an announcement soon. But he did say he hasn't called his last game for Laval. My guess, someone else will be the full time pxp guy and Marcotte will join when he can.

Happy to see good things happen to someone who works real hard and does a reat job. He also does pxp for boxing and racing. So he's not just a hockey guy.
I really enjoy listening to this guy!

JT3

May 27, 2013

Sucks to lose him for the play by play, I really enjoy him despite being an anglo and having very, very limited french. But he deserves the promotion for sure, good for him!

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City

Glad for him but converting a great PBP guy into yet another beat reporter feels like a major L for the fans tbh

Reactions: Sagikev

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad