Laval Rocket: 2024-25 Laval Rocket Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
that pricing tho

It's insane. I won't be subscribing. AHL TV was around $85 CAD a year for the One-Team Home & Away Package because I only cared about watching the Rocket.

Now I'm forced to either pay $40/month or $204/year CAD only because there are leagues in the package I care nothing about. I can watch 3R play games since the ECHL is also offered. But not enough to warrant paying that much.

They have NCAA hockey, but it's Atlantic Hockey and the CCHA conferences, where there are zero Habs prospects. They have the USHL (0 Habs prospects). They have the BCHL, which feature Merrill and Vecvanags. But again, not enough to warrant paying that much.

So I'll have to lean on highlights for away games and catch RDS or RDS2 for the home games.

habsprospects

Nov 24, 2003
Sherbrooke, QC
habsprospects.com
It's insane. I won't be subscribing. AHL TV was around $85 CAD a year for the One-Team Home & Away Package because I only cared about watching the Rocket.

Now I'm forced to either pay $40/month or $204/year CAD only because there are leagues in the package I care nothing about. I can watch 3R play games since the ECHL is also offered. But not enough to warrant paying that much.
SiS3b.gif

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

They have NCAA hockey, but it's Atlantic Hockey and the CCHA conferences, where there are zero Habs prospects. They have the USHL (0 Habs prospects). They have the BCHL, which feature Merrill and Vecvanags. But again, not enough to warrant paying that much.

So I'll have to lean on highlights for away games and catch RDS or RDS2 for the home games.
Just saw the email and came to say the same thing.

It's costing almost as much as it is to get sportsnet and tsn to watch NHL games.

They're not doing too well in the thinking department

Reactions: Tyson

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022

Unfortunately I don’t think I’ll be subscribing for that price. That’s just ridiculous that they’d go from $85 to $204 for those levels of hockey. Just when Laval could be really good this year as well. It sucks. So it’s all or nothing with this? You can’t pick your team?

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Unfortunately I don’t think I’ll be subscribing for that price. That’s just ridiculous that they’d go from $85 to $204 for those levels of hockey. Just when Laval could be really good this year as well. It sucks. So it’s all or nothing with this? You can’t pick your team?

No. That is not an available option. You either subscribe for the whole thing or you don't subscribe at all.

At least RDS has the home games. So at least we have half the season.

Reactions: schwang26

JT3

May 27, 2013
Yeah I won't be subbing this year at that cost. AHLTV may have had its issues but at least it was cheap. I guess I'll try to sail the seas to get my occasional fix if needed.

Reactions: Tyson

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I wonder who the C and A will be.

I'm guessing Gignac as captain with some of Dauphin, Condotta, Simoneau, Arseneau or Wotherspoon as assistants.

Bottle Rocket

Jul 23, 2023
Of course it's mostly vets, Captaincy is about leadership and experience, not skill.

If a kid gets it, I would see it being Beck way before Mailloux.
Well, Mailloux got the C this weekend, not Beck. And Mailloux has a year of experience in the AHL. In any case I think it would be awesome that one of the kids be recognized as part of the leadership group.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad