2024-25 Kraken Roster discussion

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
13/6 or 12/7?

I thought it was 23 players max(22 is mostly done for some cover in case of injuries) on an active roster which means 13/7 or 12/8 + 2 goalies.

With Fleury being waived I think it's going to be 13/7 unless they can't do it because of financial reasons.

Overall I think Winterton starts in CV given that Hayden got a fully guaranteed $750K deal and no team wants to send those guys down. He's also not a young guy anymore and sitting him in the press box is not going to slow down his development.

So I think it will be:
Forwards:
Beniers, Bjorkstrand, Burakovsky, Eberle, Gourde, Hayden, Kartye, McCann, Schwartz, Stephenson, Tanev, Tolvanen, Wright

Defense:
Dunn, Montour, Larsson, Oleksiak, Evans, Borgen, Mahoura

Goal:
Grubauer, D'Accord

Unfortunately, unless we trade somebody who makes real money away, there’s $750,000ish too few cap dollars to keep 22 players. It’ll have to be 21. Unless somebody gets hurt, of course.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
The three most likely candidates we would like to move are Schwartz > Tanev > Gourde. Unfortunately, all 3 have M-NTC's and outside of Gourde I just don't see how we move any of those 3. We should definitely try to do something preferably before the 11th (1st road trip) but hopefully atleast before the 28th when we have our 1st long road trip.

The other option ofcourse is moving Tolvy, but I really don't want to do that.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
The three most likely candidates we would like to move are Schwartz > Tanev > Gourde. Unfortunately, all 3 have M-NTC's and outside of Gourde I just don't see how we move any of those 3. We should definitely try to do something preferably before the 11th (1st road trip) but hopefully atleast before the 28th when we have our 1st long road trip.

The other option ofcourse is moving Tolvy, but I really don't want to do that.

For the first time, I think we already have guys on the team who can straight up replace the role those 3 have played in previous seasons. I'm less certain on Schwartz so I'll leave him out of my comments, but I think Kartye and Stephenson pretty much fill in what we'd lose with Tanev and Gourde. I think if you take them both as package deals, the trade off is pretty even, maybe better with the former.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad