2024-25 Kraken Roster discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Where do we think Schwartz fits in this season? Our top-6 is certain to have Beniers, Stephenson, McCann, Bjorkstrand. I see Burakovsky on Stephenson's line since they would complement each other. I can see Schwartz as 2LW but I think Tolvy is a better choice.

I have no idea what Bylsma thinks, but I expect eventually Schwartz will find his way into a limited minutes role. His body isn't going to hold up to big minutes. As the season goes on Tolvy will eventually play ahead of him.

VeteranPresence

Aug 13, 2024
Oilers fan coming in peace. What do you guys think happens with Will Borgen? He's of course a UFA after this year but doesn't look like he'll ever get a crack at top four duties in Seattle. Could the Oilers pry him loose before the season starts, especially if a younger guy is pushing for a job right now?

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Oilers fan coming in peace. What do you guys think happens with Will Borgen? He's of course a UFA after this year but doesn't look like he'll ever get a crack at top four duties in Seattle. Could the Oilers pry him loose before the season starts, especially if a younger guy is pushing for a job right now?
You are right. It's unlikely he cracks our top-4. Montour, Larsson, Dunn are guarantees there. I put Evans ahead of Borgen.

That being said, I think it is unlikely we move him before the TDL. And the only way I see even that happening is if the team feels that Mahura can replace his productivity AND someone like Ottavainen is ready for bottom pairing minutes. Which I think is pretty unlikely.

Realistically, I just see him walk next off-season.

Reactions: VeteranPresence

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad