Speculation: 2024-25 - Free Agency/Trade Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
IF he wants out, it potentially could be because he doesn’t enjoy playing for a coach who puts him through a full practice in the morning then plays him 24-35 minutes the same day as an ongoing thing.

At a certain point, it can also be a “all my friends are gone, I have no loyalty to this GM, and I have no faith in the current management”.

He doesn’t seem like the type of guy to not report to camp, unless there’s been some significant behind the scenes bad blood.
These are professional athletes. It might be more difficult, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with practicing and then playing in the same day in the preseason/offseason. It's just conditioning. It happens at high levels of every sport.

Reactions: ADHB

All Mighty

Sep 20, 2014
California
allmightyhockeytalk.com
I also don’t think Fowler would fail to report to camp, but I also think not showing up to camp is totally different from threatening to not report to camp. Assuming that rumor is true, it’s probably just a bluff to get things moving the way he wants them to.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
There's no way Cam will refuse to report to camp with time left on a valid contract. That's nothing more than a load of BS. He may have asked for a trade but it isn't his style to just refuse to honor a valid contract. This kind of shit from the media is really annoying.
1 things for certain we need to keep toxic cam away from the young players.

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
Nice

Pretty bizarre to me that Lindstrom is only getting a PTO. I’m not saying he’s the next Forsling but he was +13 last season in like 35 games on a pretty bad team. Only 25 years old

Tough to imagine he’s worse than some of the guys other teams are carrying on their rosters..
And he’s a RD which is the most bizarre thing about him not being signed.

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
Nice

Pretty bizarre to me that Lindstrom is only getting a PTO. I’m not saying he’s the next Forsling but he was +13 last season in like 35 games on a pretty bad team. Only 25 years old

Tough to imagine he’s worse than some of the guys other teams are carrying on their rosters..
He was a +13 because his PDO was 107. In other words, the Ducks shooting percentage while he was on the ice was unsustainable. It's not like Lindstrom was Paul Coffey back there, sending guys on breakaways. His possession numbers were not very good, although he did start most of his shifts in the D-zone.

He was meh. Gudas is obviously ahead of him on the right side, and I'd play Dumoulin, Vaakanainen, and Zellweger over there before him. I think the only way he makes the team is if Luneau and LaCombe are both heading to San Diego.

Reactions: Deuce22

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Nice

That was a weird one, I thought lindstorm was very serviceable for us…. I imagine there is still a shot depending on the plan for luneau zellweger lacombe

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
IF he wants out, it potentially could be because he doesn’t enjoy playing for a coach who puts him through a full practice in the morning then plays him 24-25 minutes the same day as an ongoing thing.

At a certain point, it can also be a “all my friends are gone, I have no loyalty to this GM, and I have no faith in the current management”.

He doesn’t seem like the type of guy to not report to camp, unless there’s been some significant behind the scenes bad blood.
You know you keep saying things like this, but you're aware this only happened in the preseason, right, and not the regular season?

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
If fowler Truly felt this way.. Than why did he do the publicity with the new jerseys and all.. Hes picture is on the ducks main page.. Something happened that made him upset.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
You know you keep saying things like this, but you're aware this only happened in the preseason, right, and not the regular season?
I still think it’s asinine, and likely the cause of several of the team injuries. There were also multiple games where Cronin admitted they may have started slow in games because of too hard practices.

SmokeyDuck

Jul 27, 2010
Anaheim, CA
This is most likely media garbage but I wonder if Fowler wants to be captain and Cronin/PV feel otherwise, creating a divide. There is some smoke about Gudas being a named captain, and he is much more of the lead from the trenches style that I would expect Cronin/PV to favor in a leader. Plus I only see Gudas being around for 2-3 years more then you can name one of the young players captain. Either way this is just pure speculation on my part.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
I still think it’s asinine, and likely the cause of several of the team injuries. There were also multiple games where Cronin admitted they may have started slow in games because of too hard practices.
But you posted stuff like this many times, implying they were doing it all season, and here you specifically said that Cam would be upset about having a full practice and then playing 25 minutes the same night. Obviously no one was playing 25 minutes in a preseason game.

I respect your opinion, but I disagree, I don't have an issue with having a full practice in the morning and then half of the players playing 15-20 shifts in a meaningless game 8 hours later. I would much rather have a team practice more in the preseason, compared to what is typically done, where they have only 3-4 practices and then start playing games, knowing that full practices are rare once the regular season starts.

Reactions: Ducks DVM and JAHV

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
fowler has done nothing to make a case for the captaincy, so lol if it's that

i can't see him not reporting, but it wouldn't surprise me if he privately asked for a trade. can't really blame him if he wants to play for a winner since he's on the wrong end of 30 and this team isn't a contender

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
There is no reason to think this other than you disapprove for some reason.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
There is no reason to think this other than you disapprove for some reason.
Overtraining physically through a fire hose can absolutely cause injuries. Overtraining is a pretty well documented way to cause injuries, it’s an odd position to think it’s not plausible. Obviously I have no way to say it DID happen, but Cronin’s system was deceived as significantly more difficult than anything the veterans had ever seen (from multiple teams), so it’s not like it’s a crazy thought that it could play into things.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad