Speculation: 2024-25 - Free Agency/Trade Thread

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
Half on the PP though. His risk was always that he is no longer a very good ES player, he feasts on the PP.

Would he do that here? Obviously not to the degree that he did in Tampa. He certainly would have improved our PP, but probably not to the degree that we would have hoped. He was always going to be our 2020s fedorov signing.
Ouch!

Reactions: Static

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
If we were talking Stamkos of 5 years ago, I'm right there with you. He is a superstar in name only now.
I'm sorry 41 goals and 81 pts even if half come on the PP IA still star level production. He might have kucherov feeding him but he still has the finish ability. I feel like people forget the Selanne regularly was getting around 50% of his production on the PP.

Reactions: DuckRogers10

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
Just to take a step back, the Ducks have good ownership. They might not have an open checkbook, but I'm sure the Samuelis want the team to succeed and I'm not worried about the team relocating to parts unknown in the Midwest.

I say this because both of our sons live in Arizona and one works for ASU. I have heard all of the stories over the past decade about the Coyotes. The fans were longing to somehow get their native son Auston Matthews to the desert. I mean the dude winters in Toronto and summers in Scottsdale.

Anyone who has had the pleasure of playing golf in 110 degrees can appreciate how nice Orange County weather is.

Through all of their ownership struggles, it all ended in a blink of an eye for the fans. Just when the team was finally looking like it should actually belong in the NHL, it was over. We may hate where the Ducks are right now and we may hate it just as much next year, hopefully not, but as long as the Ducks exist, we have a place to offer our approval or disgust and be relevant. If we ever get all the way back we won't have to see another city/state/country celebrating.

John

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

forever1922

Jul 8, 2022
Naantali, Finland
I mean I guess it fills a need for Sabres but man I feel like they coulda got more value off savoie…

Prob makes up for the oilers draft fumble lol
Yea, sure fills a need but who else would ever deal a top 10 pick for that deal? Buffalo is not Mcleod away from contending.

Maybe they had second thoughts about Savoie or maybe there was drama but that also reflects poorly on them because they spent their #9 pick on him. Just a big oof all around. There have certainly been a few of those this year all around the league.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I can't say I followed him closely by any means, and I know his WHL numbers are quite good. Also know that he dealt with an injury that forced him to miss the final round robin game of the WJC, and have no idea whether it occurred before the tournament or during.

Those caveats withstanding, I did feel that for a top 10 pick in his D+2 and final year of eligibility for that tournament, he was entirely underwhelming. Had some partial breaks just off his pure speed but did not create nearly as much as I would have expected. Smaller kid, dynamic elite jump as a skater but very perimeter based and not really showing the type of elite vision and/or grit to make that toolkit surely succeed at the highest level. It's a small sample and again maybe he just wasn't himself physically, but he should have been a dominant force in that tournament. Heading into D+3, I don't have the certainty that his value has held up league wide. Teams aren't tripping over themselves to add smaller guys unless they are battlers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad