Speculation: 2024-25 - Free Agency/Trade Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
So people still think we’re gonna land some big fish? Lol

Getting tired of Verbeek saying one thing (gonna start competing) but doing nothing to actually accomplish that.
I'd rather he pivot then give out some of the stupid contracts that have been handed out today.

Players like DeBrusk and Roy who have been requested a bunch on here signing for 7 years, Marsh getting 5 years......ridiculous.

Stamkos was the only 'ok' one at 4 years and that's still going to look rough by year 4.

Reactions: Deuce22

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
The only disappointing one's for me are not getting Toffoli or Arvidsson - those seem like somewhat reasonable contracts for some proven production,

The rest of these deals are brutal

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
What was the point of even trading Pierre Luc-Dubois if you were going to replace him with Jeannot, Edmunsson, and Foegle? I would have just kept PLD and hoped he rebounded

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Not a single upgrade yet. Was hoping for a least some depth guys like a Stenlund and Desharnais..., maybe Verbeek is focusing on a big fish? If we do get a big fish like Stamkos, it might be a Killorn's contract look unsubstantial. This scares me...

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
Still think its possible we bring Jones back on a 1 year deal worth nothing. Not that it matters or helps us but throwing it out there

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Not a single upgrade yet. Was hoping for a least some depth guys like a Stenlund and Desharnais..., maybe Verbeek is focusing on a big fish? If we do get a big fish like Stamkos, it might be a Killorn's contract look unsubstantial. This scares me...

Stamkos signed in Nashville, the big fish FAs are basically gone

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad