Speculation: 2024-25 - Free Agency/Trade Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
It's tough sledding for this team in free agency due to tax, small market, poor recent teams, etc.

However, they've managed to sign some pretty decent players since Verbeek took over

Go ahead and be the negative guy, but i have hopes still

I feel like he’s been preaching (or fans on here) have been saying this team needs a RHD and another top-6 forward for years now.

We will probably get second or third tier guys who will improve the team marginally.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I remember people laughing at my comment when I said I have little to no expectations for free agency. I didn’t think Verbeek had it in him to land a big fish.

Now with some of the big names gone, I stand by my statement
There was no news before the market opened for us being in on any of Strome, Vatrano, Klingberg, Gudas, or Killorn (or really any at all before the deal was done), why not just wait and see what plays out?

Reactions: Dostwall and Static

Duckesh

Jul 20, 2021
I feel like he’s been preaching (or fans on here) have been saying this team needs a RHD and another top-6 forward for years now.

We will probably get second or third tier guys who will improve the team marginally.
I checked my crystal ball this morning. Our signing will be:

1 FW - 32yo, 4 year deal, 5 mil per, avg 20goal scorer. Had a couple peak years where he maybe hit high 20's. Last year was a down year maybe and he had like 12-15 goals but maybe he missed significant time.

1 D - 28 years old, 5 year deal, 4 mil per, bottom pairing on a good team last year, so his stats are nice. he also had 2 fights so people will be pumped we finally got tough.

(not talking anyone specific here, just what the crystal ball told me)

Hey234

Sponsor
May 7, 2010
Southern California
There was no news before the market opened for us being in on any of Strome, Vatrano, Klingberg, Gudas, or Killorn (or really any at all before the deal was done), why not just wait and see what plays out?

This. A top 6 forward and top 4 RD should be added because PV stated he would; it just might take longer and be different than originally expected.

Roy's camp has been pretty quiet and I hope that bodes well for the Ducks. Someone here said it best (and it's almost a slogan): Verbeek does not leak.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Need to sign someone who can competently eat minutes at RHD. I can't stand watching Fowler cruise around out there for 25 minutes a night again.
Apparently Vegas is putting Pietrangelo on the block I mean he's a shade of his peak self but can still handle top minutes. I don't know how desperate they are to dump that cap and he obviously doesn't fit into long term plans but...it's an option lol

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
This. A top 6 forward and top 4 RD should be added because PV stated he would; it just might take longer and be different than originally expected.

Roy's camp has been pretty quiet and I hope that bodes well for the Ducks. Someone here said it best (and it's almost a slogan): Verbeek does not leak.

They just said a few minutes ago on TSN Roy to Washington is likely.

Reactions: Static

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
Apparently Vegas is putting Pietrangelo on the block I mean he's a shade of his peak self but can still handle top minutes. I don't know how desperate they are to dump that cap and he obviously doesn't fit into long term plans but...it's an option lol
The fact that Vegas is willing to let him go is a bit frightening.

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg
I remember people laughing at my comment when I said I have little to no expectations for free agency. I didn’t think Verbeek had it in him to land a big fish.

Now with some of the big names gone, I stand by my statement
The only way to get a fair deal in free agency is if a player really wants to go to a team trying to sign him, any other scenario and ypu have to overpay. This team did not overpay for big names even when contending, chances of that happening now are not high. Add to that taxes, high costs of living, rebuilding team, and your odds of landing a big name diminish further.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad