Speculation: 2024-25 - Free Agency/Trade Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
If we can land Roy (or another solid defense first RD) and rebuild the 4th line, I'll call it a win. Stamkos would be a bonus. 3 solid defense pairs and a 4th line that can defend and hopefully has some speed and toughness combined with (hopefully) a relatively healthy year for the kids should be a decent boost in the standings.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I remember people laughing at my comment when I said I have little to no expectations for free agency. I didn’t think Verbeek had it in him to land a big fish.

Now with some of the big names gone, I stand by my statement

Reactions: dracom

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I remember people laughing at my comment when I said I have little to no expectations for free agency. I didn’t think Verbeek had it in him to land a big fish.

Now with some of the big names gone, I stand by my statement
It's tough sledding for this team in free agency due to tax, small market, poor recent teams, etc.

However, they've managed to sign some pretty decent players since Verbeek took over

Go ahead and be the negative guy, but i have hopes still

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
It's tough sledding for this team in free agency due to tax, small market, poor recent teams, etc.

However, they've managed to sign some pretty decent players since Verbeek took over

Go ahead and be the negative guy, but i have hopes still

We've had good UFA signings in each of the last two off seasons under Verbeek. I likewise don't see a reason to be all doom and gloom, 90 minutes ahead of free agency. Let's see what happens

Reactions: lwvs84

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Pinto would be interesting pick up… I think he plays a pv style game and a right shot…. But man are we going to have issues when all these young guys start performing

Reactions: lwvs84 and Kalv

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
A reliable 2nd pairing defenceman and a reliable 2nd line right hand shot forward is all I want by the time training camp starts.

If we can't get regular scoring out of a top 9 that contains Carlsson/Zegras/Terry/McT/Gauthier/Strome/Vatrano/Killorn/New Forward then we have more problems then I thought.

If anything I'd be more aggressive on defence, as we have the potential among our forwards and getting much better on the backend would result in greater improvement.

Reactions: lwvs84

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad