Speculation: 2024-25 - Free Agency/Trade Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
Pinto would be interesting pick up… I think he plays a pv style game and a right shot…. But man are we going to have issues when all these young guys start performing
If all of the young guys start performing, the main issue will be what to do with all the new Stanley Cup merchandise I'll need to buy. The other issues are all secondary.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
yes.

I'd love Pinto but I think that involves Zegras, and I have 0 interest in trading Zegras for anything short of a #1 defenseman.
Ottawa would have to be adding a pretty damn good piece to Pinto to be getting Zegras. Especially throwing in Pinto's potential gambling issues.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
lmao! Elkund trying to break a Montour signing and he said "Steve Montour to Seattle is almost done"

Ottawa would have to be adding a pretty damn good piece to Pinto to be getting Zegras. Especially throwing in Pinto's potential gambling issues.

Oh I agree. I'm saying I don't think they'd want a package built on prospects or picks. They'd want another impact forward IMO.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Seems to me that the lack of UFA signings is a California problem and not just Anaheim. At least for the sport of hockey. Taxes, housing, and travel are big obstacles to overcome when trying to convince star players to come to the state. The Golden State is not so golden anymore.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Surprised how many people here even want to see the team pursue a big fish, I’d much much rather see the team go after multiple above average players at several positions

That's how I feel also. I actually don't want to sign Stamkos, He's going to cost a lot and is already 34 yo. Rather get some medium fish to fill up our line up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad