2024-25 EPL Season

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
His response is just as bad like RDP and others.
You can't defend the indefensible. I mean, athletes for the most part, are morons. And their first natural instinct is to defend their teammate.

It just seems like the amount of money that goes into the PR machine, it should've been handled better.

WSD

Feb 26, 2016
wouldn't be surprised to see Morgan Rogers get 10+ PL goals this season. Kid has it all -- Ramsey will have a tough job getting a starting position
Ramsey picking up another knock last season likely cost him a starting spot in this squad which is unfortunate because he had such great form when Unai took over. People will argue the 2 goals vs Walsall mean nothing being a low tier squad but he's looked soooo good in the preseason this far. UTV!

Reactions: JPBolts

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
You can't defend the indefensible. I mean, athletes for the most part, are morons. And their first natural instinct is to defend their teammate.

It just seems like the amount of money that goes into the PR machine, it should've been handled better.
I think Argentinian footballers just reflect Argentinian society, maybe not all of it, but a very substantial section of it. And it's pretty apparent that the preeminence of Africans in French football is bemusing and confusing to them. I think a lot of people outside France who are not very familiar with present day France nevertheless have a certain mental image of France based on cultural products, history lessons. And that mental image is likely shattered pretty abruptly by any encounter with actual present day France and its representatives.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I think Argentinian footballers just reflect Argentinian society, maybe not all of it, but a very substantial section of it. And it's pretty apparent that the preeminence of Africans in French football is bemusing and confusing to them. I think a lot of people outside France who are not very familiar with present day France nevertheless have a certain mental image of France based on cultural products, history lessons. And that mental image is likely shattered pretty abruptly by any encounter with actual present day France and its representatives.

Hm. I don't know, I remember when my son was smaller him describing someone as looking "typically French". Which as I discovered meant the typical lightish shade of brown that might result from one black parent and one white one. This to him was what he associated with Frenchness, with no value judgment one way or the other.

Argentina is as much if not more of a melting pot and I honestly find it pretty stupid they don't realise that just because there's less variation in skin colour involved.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Hm. I don't know, I remember when my son was smaller him describing someone as looking "typically French". Which as I discovered meant the typical lightish shade of brown that might result from one black parent and one white one. This to him was what he associated with Frenchness, with no value judgment one way or the other.

Argentina is as much if not more of a melting pot and I honestly find it pretty stupid they don't realise that just because there's less variation in skin colour involved.
You're from Canada, aren't you? I imagine a kid growing up in 21st century Canada is going to have a lot of notions about a lot of things that are different from someone who grew up elsewhere in the world with less of a focus on diversity.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
You're from Canada, aren't you? I imagine a kid growing up in 21st century Canada is going to have a lot of notions about a lot of things that are different from someone who grew up elsewhere in the world with less of a focus on diversity.

Mm, yes, but my son was born and grew up here in the Czech Republic. His main exposure to people of colour was, well, French people?

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Mm, yes, but my son was born and grew up here in the Czech Republic. His main exposure to people of colour was, well, French people?
Well, that's not that surprising if you actually have been exposed to modern day France. I have worked in an office with ca. 50 people from France, and I want to say that about 40% of them were either of African or Caribbean origin. I don't think this necessarily applies to Argentinian working class guys though or even the majority of Argentinians in general.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Depends on the professional field or region.
Black people make up for roughly 6% of French population.
Maghreb and Turkey origined people count for roughly 5%.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Depends on the professional field or region.
Black people make up for roughly 6% of French population.
Maghreb and Turkey origined people count for roughly 5%.
I’m surprised it’s so low honestly. What is it in the major metropolitan areas?

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Makes sense. I’ve mostly been to the big cities, with the exception of skiing.
I went to a wedding once in Noirmoutier, an island in the north-west, close to Nantes/Rennes, there were zero non-white people there. Imagine my surprise when the groom told me the most voted person there was Le Pen :D

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I went to a wedding once in Noirmoutier, an island in the north-west, close to Nantes/Rennes, there were zero non-white people there. Imagine my surprise when the groom told me the most voted person there was Le Pen :D
Right wing voters have some common points (this is proven sociologicaly) :
- lowest IQ
- lowest diplomas
- lowest amount of time spent around people coming from immigration
- most time spent in front of TV news

The more time you spend knowing people coming from immigration the less likely you are to vote for the far right. Racism is ignorance.

Unfortunately, our millionnaires and billionaires have all decided to buy the media the last 20 years and have pretty much all spent their time pulling for the right wing.

Why because they think the right wing is better for their business?
Yes partly for some, partly to avoid the left at all cost, and another part are macronists who expect the rest of non racist France to vote for the rightist Macron (or another of their puppet) at the second round against the facists.

They're playing a dangerous game and it makes a lot of us sick and willing to leave the country.

Reactions: maclean and luiginb

erikhamren

DWDWw
May 7, 2021
Sweden
Right wing voters have some common points (this is proven sociologicaly) :
- lowest IQ
- lowest diplomas
- lowest amount of time spent around people coming from immigration
- most time spent in front of TV news

The more time you spend knowing people coming from immigration the less likely you are to vote for the far right. Racism is ignorance.

Unfortunately, our millionnaires and billionaires have all decided to buy the media the last 20 years and have pretty much all spent their time pulling for the right wing.

Why because they think the right wing is better for their business?
Yes partly for some, partly to avoid the left at all cost, and another part are macronists who expect the rest of non racist France to vote for the rightist Macron (or another of their puppet) at the second round against the facists.

They're playing a dangerous game and it makes a lot of us sick and willing to leave the country.
And left wing voters have one thing in common: living far far away from the immigrants. And doesnt even dare go out when its dark.

btw i doesnt vote so i have right to troll

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
And left wing voters have one thing in common: living far far away from the immigrants. And doesnt even dare go out when its dark.

btw i doesnt vote so i have right to troll
Actually it's exactly the opposite.

And not voting gives you no right. Since you can't even use the only right that allows you to talk.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

I live downtown in a city of 1,000,000 and 90% of my condo are leftwing. We all go out after dark.

Unarmed.

And we always make it home safe, amazing isn't it.

Reactions: Evilo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad