2024-25 EPL Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
....was contemplating flying over for this.........

They actually had to cancel the last time in London as well.

I saw them in Manchester on the Tuesday. I thought several times they were going to stop because Eddie just couldn't sing at all. Got a set full of hits so the crowd could sing and Mike could shred for ten minutes at a time.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

FSG have been searching for another club for a while. This is part of their plan.

Also Thiago Alcantara announced his retirement

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I'm in the significant minority, but I think I would prefer FSG saved my club and gave them a chance of getting back to closer to where they should be, instead of having them fall further down the table without the infusion of cash they desperately need to stay afloat.

I don't know if FSG will be better than other options, but generally as far as owners, they've been alright. Certainly a lot worse. I think there's a way to develop a relationship that helps both clubs, though admittedly, it is driven to help FSG in this.

For FSG, they want to use their data, training and methods to improve both clubs, though admittedly for the ultimate goal to develop value in both clubs. For Liverpool, that's getting a chance to play talented young players who aren't getting match time. For Bourdeaux, it's likely less beneficial, but Liverpool would provide them with solid young talent and a good brand of football. It also makes some sense to share scouting, data and analytical elements on a broader span, if you're already spending on it.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
The idea that Liverpool is doing this out of altruism for Bordeaux’s hard luck fortunes is obviously crazy. It’s all for the big club. Of course a buyer that actually bought Bordeaux for Bordeaux is the better option.

The smiling faces are out for the Saudis, excuse me PIF.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The idea that Liverpool is doing this out of altruism for Bordeaux’s hard luck fortunes is obviously crazy. It’s all for the big club. Of course a buyer that actually bought Bordeaux for Bordeaux is the better option.

Pretty sure John Henry just wants to vacation in wine country. Can’t really blame him. I wouldn’t be framing this as altruistic either. FSG has always been opportunistic, hell they bought LFC before LFC was going to go into administration.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland

Of course they're not doing it for Boudeaux. Their goal is to make as much money as they can. We can debate if that's at least honest when compared with some owners who are doing it to sports wash or to scratch their itch or whatever.

But here's a few things I would say.

One, as far as we know, they don't play fast and loose with finances. They will spend money they have, they will put money up when infrastructure improvements are needed, and for the most part they put quality people in charge of the sporting operations. They'll come in and fix finances if it's possible. Second, the team being as good as possible would be for their benefit, as it would maximize their return.

Obviously, buyers who want to be there and who have the right goal at hand are best, but I don't know if that's to be found.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Well so much for that

FSG is not buying Bordeaux. Cited significant stadium repair costs and the “general economic context of French football”

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Well so much for that

FSG is not buying Bordeaux. Cited significant stadium repair costs and the “general economic context of French football”

Hopefully Bordeaux can somehow find financial means to stay in the L2 at least, and not be relegated to lower amateur levels.

Would be shame for such a traditional successful club in France to disappear.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Hopefully Bordeaux can somehow find financial means to stay in the L2 at least, and not be relegated to lower amateur levels.

Would be shame for such a traditional successful club in France to disappear.
They won't and Lopez the owner has killed several pro teams in different sports.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

Kylian Mbappe one of targets of recording that features homophobia and slurs about background of black players

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

Kylian Mbappe one of targets of recording that features homophobia and slurs about background of black players

This not likely to go well for Enzo.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
He has eight years left in his deal. They’ll do nothing. Slap on the wrist fine and an apology that isn’t written in Comic Sans. What exactly do you think they are going to do here

Good luck signing any person of color or French player

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Brother really made his apology in Comic Sans.

Chelsea statement:

They're not even trying. Awfully short and very vague.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Some rumblings that Paqueta may actually be able to play out (most of?) the season. Sounds like there may be some kind of organized crime element that may take longer to adjudicate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad