Don’t let the refs VAR themselves.

I solved it guys

Reactions: luiginb

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Third Party VAR.

Don’t let the refs VAR themselves.

I solved it guys
This might have been what you meant, but not sure - it doesn't even need to be a fully separate third party. Just have VAR-dedicated refs separate from the group of on-field refs rather than having them switch back and forth every week.

Reactions: luiginb

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Only Wolverhampton were against VAR.

Just have a war room in London. "Hello London, this is Nighthawk. Do we have a good goal?"
Yeah I mean look at the video when the Luis Diaz incident happened. The VAR official is trying to tell them that they are screwing up and he is actively being ignored

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

Guess we will have this loophole again

They were never going to get the super majority with so many terms already failing PSR no matter how dumb this is. It’s the same as the Mark Stone rule. They don’t want to close it because they are afraid they’ll need it later. It’s dumb. It’s not staying open because it’s right or fair

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019

love it :laugh:

They were never going to get the super majority with so many terms already failing PSR no matter how dumb this is. It’s the same as the Mark Stone rule. They don’t want to close it because they are afraid they’ll need it later. It’s dumb. It’s not staying open because it’s right or fair
oh yeah that is absolutely true. I somewhat expect clubs to do this over the summer now (including villa) and it really stinks.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Good see ya. Get gambling out of the game.

I think that’s beyond wishful thinking. It’s amazing the gambling sponsors I’m noticing more and more around the game. The Overlap on YouTube is sponsored by I believe Skybet. They even pick results during the show during the season. Also, one of Talksport’s Simon Jordan shows is sponsored by Williams Hill. You’ve also got all the sponsors in the game. I know you probably mean players more, but gambling is all over sport these days.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Fix VAR. It has SOME uses, but it shouldn't be relied on to make a decision instead of the on field ref. Rugby has it pretty much figured out (although the new tackle height issue is a problem) so look to rugby as an influence, at least.

One really nice part of how they do it in rugby is that the ref actually explains the decision - not just for the players but moreover for the audience. I don't know how well it would work in football with the players already so prone to arguing and crowding, but from a viewer perspective I definitely appreciate it.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
If NFL can play in Europe, EPL can play a game in the States. It makes too much sense for money of existing fan base and the potential of expecting the market.

Reactions: spintheblackcircle

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I don't want the overseas games because you know it's going to be a big team "on the road" against a small team and essentially get those big teams an extra home match.

At the same time, I'd go.

Reactions: Rob

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019

I can't say this is a surprise. More actually, I feel that this sort of story/quote/interview has been inevitable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad