2024-25 EPL Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
"It's a FIFA problem" is such an astonishing copout, Jesus Christ.

Guess I'll have to keep doing what I've done all season so far - boo everytime he's on the ball and hope beyond hope that someone hits him with a leg breaker.

Reactions: Blender

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Final squads and squad numbers for the PL have been submitted.

As he failed to move away from Chelsea, Ben Chilwell is back training with the first team and has been registered.

Chelsea squad:

1 Robert Sanchez

2 Axel Disasi

3 Marc Cucurella

4 Tosin Adarabioyo

5 Benoit Badiashile

6 Levi Colwill

7 Pedro Neto

8 Enzo Fernandez

10 Mykhailo Mudryk

11 Noni Madueke

12 Filip Jorgensen

13 Marcus Bettinelli

14 Joao Felix

15 Nicolas Jackson

17 Carney Chukwuemeka

18 Christopher Nkunku

19 Jadon Sancho

20 Cole Palmer

21 Ben Chilwell

22 Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

24 Reece James

25 Moises Caicedo

27 Malo Gusto

29 Wesley Fofana

31 Cesare Casadei

32 Tyrique George

34 Josh Acheampong

36 Deivid Washington

37 Omari Kellyman

38 Marc Guiu

40 Renato Veiga

45 Romeo Lavia

47 Lucas Bergstrom

Chelsea squad numbers finalised for 2024/25 season

All PL league squads can be found here (including U21 players who don't need a registration):

2024/25 Premier League squad lists

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
"It's a FIFA problem" is such an astonishing copout, Jesus Christ.

Guess I'll have to keep doing what I've done all season so far - boo everytime he's on the ball and hope beyond hope that someone hits him with a leg breaker.
He's been absolute shit so far this season anyways. How long will he even last at this rate?

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
City's trial starts this week. Do we have a thread for the charges already going? I thought we didn't but could not find it.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
The comments about "vision" aren't even accurate either, has she watched a single game? Whether it has been fully successful or not, it's pretty clear how Maresca wants them to play.
Right, the whole thing is just stupid. The community note is just funny, but like you say, if you watch them, it's clear that Maresca has clear "patterns" and a "vision" of how he wants to play. It's not like like a Lampard situation where it's pick the standard formation and tell them to go out and play hard. It's pretty easy to explain what Maresca's system is and how it differs from others, and if that doesn't equate to patterns and vision, then I don't know what does.

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
I'd honestly love to see this from the players. Take some power back.

When I read these things my blood rushes to my brain, he gets 12M a year and complains that they play too much? Had he at least thought about the players in the minor leagues who also travel in conditions that are certainly not the same as theirs...

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
When I read these things my blood rushes to my brain, he gets 12M a year and complains that they play too much? Had he at least thought about the players in the minor leagues who also travel in conditions that are certainly not the same as theirs...

The lack of power further down the food chain is exactly why it’s important for players who do have some power, like Rodri, to push back on the overloading of players.

Although the workload does get more obscene the higher up the chain you are, with European competitions and NT obligations adding to the burden…as well as more intense training & diet restrictions.

So this is one aspect in which the more highly skilled/paid workers are also worked harder; even if that increased workload comes with perks

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
@cgf As for salaries (how many players always ask for new contracts or adjustments?) aren't they going on strike? For a player who earns 12M a year to talk about these things seems to me to be the classic offense against good taste. And if he is paid so much it is precisely because there are more and more matches and competitions. After all, I don't think he mentioned who is under the chain. Oh, and the strikes are unpaid, maybe he can afford it. Those in the minor leagues?

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Rodri played 50 games for club and and 14 for country (only because he was suspended for a couple more) last year

That's too much and dangerous for their well-being, and I'd argue it's also bad for their performance on the pitch.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
@cgf As for salaries (how many players always ask for new contracts or adjustments?) aren't they going on strike? For a player who earns 12M a year to talk about these things seems to me to be the classic offense against good taste. And if he is paid so much it is precisely because there are more and more matches and competitions. After all, I don't think he mentioned who is under the chain. Oh, and the strikes are unpaid, maybe he can afford it. Those in the minor leagues?

But this isn’t about players like Rodri v 4th league semi-pros. This is about rich players v even richer clubs & their tv revenues.

So I don’t get why his salary matters. Is the club’s greed at the expensive of their employee’s health, not an even worse affront to good taste?

We’ve seen Barca run children like Gavi into the ground trying to squeeze every penny of matchday & tv revenue that they could.

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
Rodri played 50 games for club and and 14 for country (only because he was suspended for a couple more) last year

That's too much and dangerous for their well-being, and I'd argue it's also bad for their performance on the pitch.

The teams have squads of 40 players, why doesn't Rodri complain about the wages being too high? He is truly a hypocrite, because he is a privileged among the privileged. In any case, they should go on strike, then we'll see after an unpaid month if they think the same. Hypocrisy. Among other things, in addition to complaining, has Rodri proposed anything in this regard?

But this isn’t about players like Rodri v 4th league semi-pros. This is about rich players v even richer clubs & their tv revenues.

So I don’t get why his salary matters. Is the club’s greed at the expensive of their employee’s health, not an even worse affront to good taste?

No because the greed belongs first and foremost to the players and their entire entourage. Do you want more and more money? You have to play more, this seems irrefutable to me.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
No because the greed belongs first and foremost to the players and their entire entourage. Do you want more and more money? You have to play more, this seems irrefutable to me.

What is a kid like Gavi who is trying to break through supposed to do? Is he supposed to tell Barca he needs a break in the middle of the season to protect himself from their greed?

No, he’s going to do what his club tells him until his body breaks down so he doesn’t get labeled with a difficult personality.

That’s why it’s important that the players who have the power to tell clubs off for overworking their labor pool, to do so.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
What is a kid like Gavi who is trying to break through supposed to do? Is he supposed to tell Barca he needs a break in the middle of the season to protect himself from their greed?

No, he’s going to do what his club tells him until his body breaks down so he doesn’t get labeled with a difficult personality.

That’s why it’s important that the players who have the power to tell clubs off for overworking their labor pool, to do so.

But this is a different matter, because the problem can be addressed without calling for a strike. Rodri could have raised the problem with the teams, without talking about a strike. Because it is more plausible to complain about the management of a team player than to complain by threatening strikes.

@cgf Millions of people spend money, including me, to buy season tickets and follow the team, not to mention subscriptions to television channels. I understood your thinking, but football is made up of players and fans.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
But this is a different matter, because the problem can be addressed without calling for a strike. Rodri could have raised the problem with the teams, without talking about a strike. Because it is more plausible to complain about the management of a team player than to complain by threatening strikes.

But players have been complaining about this for years and clubs’ have only sought to increase player’s workload.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Salaries go up in all industries without requiring more work, this is the natural cycle. Given that we are on a hockey website, we can look at the NHL. The salary cap has risen consistently without the season getting longer.

Reactions: luiginb

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
Salaries go up in all industries without requiring more work, this is the natural cycle. Given that we are on a hockey website, we can look at the NHL. The salary cap has risen consistently without the season getting longer.
Have NHL players complained that they play too many games?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad