Prospect Info: 2024-25 Ducks Prospects

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Great is subjective but guys like Hulttunen, Wahlberg, Nelson, and Rehkopf are all big guys who are talented and are on a much better trajectory than Myatovic. Then there are smaller guys like Brindley (who you mentioned), Cristall, and Gauthier. And wouldn't a 6'4" RHD who has some offensive upside look good in the prospect pool right now? That would be Andrew Gibson.

So yeah, I think there were much better choices and I was expecting one of them to be selected at 33OA.

I preferred Haltunnen, Nelson, and Gibson over Myatovic, but I did denote Myatovic was in the pool for the 2nd/3rd round. Injuries has stalled Myatovic's development after scoring 30 goals in his draft year.

Haltunnen feels like another Arthur Kaliyev such that they both have great shots and dangerous on the PP, but needs work everywhere else. Nelson had high upside, but also a long term project because he was a defenseman turned winger. The 2023 draft was heavy on forwards as we selected five forwards in the first three rounds and we didn't draft a d-man until the 4th round. Good think we drafted overager LD Dionicio in the 5th round.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Farjestad game #5: Farjestad 2 - Silf (Brynas) 1, Shootout
(In the link, move between the subject tabs of: summary, stats, lineups, and player statistics. The player rating for the game is in the lineup tab page.)

Clara: DNP
Solberg: 2nd pairing (7.0 rating and best rating for Farjestad D-men based on Flashscore.com)
0pts, 3 SOG's, 3 hits, +1 rating (team scored short-handed), and 17:41 TOI.

Solberg has started at 2nd pairing for all five games. This was a bounce back game for him. After five games in his SHL debut, Solberg leads the team in hits with 10, has 3 blocks, 6 SOGs, and a team worst -3 rating (+3 , -6). Not bad for an 18-year old in his first year in the SHL.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Färjestad undefeated after the first 6 games, a 6-2 win last night against Linköping. Färjestad will play another game this weekend, then five days off.

Good game by Clara, stopped 19 of 21 shots.

Solberg with an assist, +1 rating in this one. He leads the team with 11 hits, miles ahead of the next guy.

A comment from the head coach:
"Solberg may sometimes get out of position, but we won't try to change much in his game. His tough and physical play is something we want, it's hard to find players who bring this important element. Solberg disturbs the opponent's game, it's like when he's on the ice their players keep an eye on him".

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
Hat trick for Masse
He is looking fantastic so far. Great value 3rd round pick.

1728111987501.png

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal

Minnesota Duluth plays today and I expect Francis to be in the lineup.

Yesterday, as noted, masse finished 3+1, first star of his game.

Blais finished with an assist.

Terrance finished 1+1.

K. Smith finished with an assist.

T. Smith finished with an assist.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
I don’t know who got the worst of that.

Can't believe they both came out of it unhurt. The other guy looked a bit groggy after the hit, hopefully no concussion. Solberg loves it, but this one was risky, his 6'3 200 lbs "victim" had good speed. So a huge crash it was.

Btw...this was Färjestad's first loss (3-6). Clara stopped 14 of 17, he replaced their other goalie who had a bad game. Also too many penalties for Färjestad.

Reactions: Kalv

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Can't believe they both came out of it unhurt. The other guy looked a bit groggy after the hit, hopefully no concussion. Solberg loves it, but this one was risky, his 6'3 200 lbs "victim" had good speed. So a huge crash it was.

Btw...this was Färjestad's first loss (3-6). Clara stopped 14 of 17, he replaced their other goalie who had a bad game. Also too many penalties for Färjestad.
It's crazy to crush those type of guys already at 18. Hope his timing comes together

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad