Prospect Info: 2024-25 Ducks Prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ZegrassyKnoll

Dec 2, 2016
Don't see the Sprong comparisons, TBH. Sido's play style reminds me a lot of Terry - both good and bad. He gets in trouble from holding onto the puck for too long or trying too much. Sido was also quite physical in these games, never shying away from getting into a scrum or laying a hit.

From what I remember (and maybe I'm misremembering) Sprong was a "just shoot the puck" guy.

Sidorov is an odd player. He is good at a lot of things and extremely tenacious but I think his biggest obstacle to success in the NHL will be himself.

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
Don't see the Sprong comparisons, TBH. Sido's play style reminds me a lot of Terry - both good and bad. He gets in trouble from holding onto the puck for too long or trying too much. Sido was also quite physical in these games, never shying away from getting into a scrum or laying a hit.

From what I remember (and maybe I'm misremembering) Sprong was a "just shoot the puck" guy.

Sidorov is an odd player. He is good at a lot of things and extremely tenacious but I think his biggest obstacle to success in the NHL will be himself.
The comparison isn't so much in playstyle, which I agree is very different, but rather mindset. Sprong knows how to score - it's all he thinks or cares about and he's useless anywhere else on the ice. That seems to be a lot of Sidorov's game - "Get puck, put puck in net." The physicality is nice, and certainly something Sprong doesn't show much of in the NHL, but maybe there are other things too.

Sidorov is definitely not lacking for confidence, but otherwise seems like a decent kid. I can't speak from personal knowledge regarding Sprong's demeanor, but there is a reason he doesn't stick anywhere for more than a season despite scoring goals at a pretty good pace.

Reactions: Kalv

ZegrassyKnoll

Dec 2, 2016
The comparison isn't so much in playstyle, which I agree is very different, but rather mindset. Sprong knows how to score - it's all he thinks or cares about and he's useless anywhere else on the ice. That seems to be a lot of Sidorov's game - "Get puck, put puck in net." The physicality is nice, and certainly something Sprong doesn't show much of in the NHL, but maybe there are other things too.

Sidorov is definitely not lacking for confidence, but otherwise seems like a decent kid. I can't speak from personal knowledge regarding Sprong's demeanor, but there is a reason he doesn't stick anywhere for more than a season despite scoring goals at a pretty good pace.
That makes more sense!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad