Speculation: 2024-25 Coaching/Management/Ownership

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
I couldn’t care less about those comments from Bush tbh
It's the first concrete thing I've read or heard that makes me less hopeful about Cronin as the Ducks' coach. Yes, he works the guys hard, but I have no problem with that. It's professional sports; it should be hard. The practice on preseason game days doesn't bother me at all. And some of his methods seem gimmicky, but most coaches have their "thing" that they do differently to instill good habits (whether it works is another story).

But if players are feeling psychological pressure and if he's structuring practices in an idiotic way, that's concerning.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I think Lybushkin’s comments serve as confirmation bias for those who already don’t like Cronin. I’m in wait and see mode for now. If there isn’t significant improvement this season, a new coach is called for.
I’m in a different camp personally. I was defending Cronin on here prior to the comments. Now I find it less easy to defend him without seeing more.

Like you I’m in wait and see mode right now.

Reactions: FiveHoleTickler

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
I heard cronin say “ stop skating like a bee eye tee see atch” to a player that’s super misogynistic in todays soft world can’t have that he has to go

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
I think Lybushkin’s comments serve as confirmation bias for those who already don’t like Cronin. I’m in wait and see mode for now. If there isn’t significant improvement this season, a new coach is called for.
I was fine with Cronin until I saw those comments. I'm sure there is more to it but it is not a good look. He needs to perform this year or get yeeted before he f***s the development of the kids

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
It is not so much what we think of Lybushkin’s comments, but what potential FA’s think of them.

We have a team that can barely make basic hockey plays, are bottom feeders, and an AHL coach. Players talk. If those comments reflect more of a consensus, why would a top FA sign with us.

We have a tough enough time attracting high level FA’s without this. I’m not saying this impacted Stamkos not coming here, but going from Cooper to Cronin to be on one of the worst teams seems like a bridge too far regardless of the offer.

If the team plays as befuddled this year as last, and our top players continue to under perform, PV will have to cut bait.

John

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada

One of the key factors with confirmation bias is that the individual is willfully trying to only seek out information that confirms their initial beliefs. It just so happens that the shit winds are swirling around Cronin, but I'd happily eat up any positive news about him.

80516d33ccabb86c559381293440ef5b.gif

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
My opinion is it comes off even worse because the team was so terrible. Lyubushkin himself said that it was really the losing that got old. If the team was winning, I don’t think anyone would care if the coaches had some goofy meeting before every practice. And it was a lack of talent, not unorthodox practice sessions, that led to the losing. Lybushkin had a lot more fun playing for the Leafs because they were a good team that made the playoffs, not because practices were more normal.

That being said, Cronin has really proven nothing so far. He was hired because he was supposed to be good at developing young players. That’s basically all this team has. So if he fails to get improvement from the guys in the 20-22 age range, then it’s time to move on.

Reactions: 70sSanO and Deuce22

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
I think Lybushkin’s comments serve as confirmation bias for those who already don’t like Cronin.
100% but I also don't think @MMC 's dismissal is the right approach either. It's not the end all be all, but it's certainly not nothing either.

Like you, I'm in wait and see mode as well. Another season like last year, then yeah, like you, it's tough for me to see a reason for Verbeek to keep him.

Do we still not know how long Cronin was signed for?

Ad

Ad

Ad