Speculation: 2024-25 Coaching/Management/Ownership

Bergey37

May 19, 2019
It's totally understandable that players like March or Stamkos would prefer to play on teams closer to winning at their age. The taxes thing is way overblown. It's a bummer but, based on PV's comments the other night, it seemed like he knew this outcome and we shouldn't be surprised. Most of the deals were ridiculous. I don't want those players at age 38.

The Ducks are still below the cap and they obviously need to do something. A trade is the only option. PV's targets were for clear: a top 6 forward. I expect to see him trade for one. Laine makes a lot of sense as a buy low candidate. I've come around.
Actually, I have too. Whatever his baggage, he can score goals and help us win, and that’s what our young payers need to earn most - how to win!:

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
There's been mention of the fact that part of the improvement expected from the team needs to come from the young guys we already have showing improvement. I agree with that 1,000%. What hasn't bee mentioned much at all is that development and growth are highly impacted by good coaching. It is seriously incumbent on Cronin and co. to help get the best out of those guys by not only developing and teaching them, but utilizing them properly . Quite frankly all of that worries me a lot. Especially listening to many of Cronin's post game interviews where he seemed clueless as to why we were bad again that night.

At the end of the season PV commented how the the change in coaching/systems was a big deal and the process was like players were drinking out of a fire hose. My take was that he more or less implied that the huge learning curve was now behind those guys and we could expect to see better results going forward. But, nothing in their play at the end of season looked to me like they had figured anything out nor had they started turning anything around.

Hoping for the best but worried we could be in for another season of wash, rinse, repeat if the coaching itself doesn't show improvement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad