Prospect Info: 2024 207th Overall - Mac Swanson (F)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Mac Swanson is a fun productive undersized forward who finds ways to get the job done every game. At minimum, he will be an elite NCAA player who gets Hobey Baker votes at North Dakota, and will have some value on the trade block as an asset, which is incredible for a 7th round pick. At maximum, he will find a way to become an undersized 40-50 point complementary player in the NHL, and would likely be a fan favorite.

Son of former Colorado College legend (and Oiler & Thrasher) Brian Swanson.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I’m almost through this shift-by-shift of him and I’m going to be a bit of a bummer.

He’s very perimeter-y, and when he hears footsteps coming like when the puck comes to him at the point in the D zone he tends to.. not bail out but make a conscious effort to avoid any contact. Though he took some bumps no problem too. And I’m not seeing the elite, waterbug type skating you need to overcome the size disadvantage. You know, what separates the Gaudreaus from the Matt Phillips.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I’m almost through this shift-by-shift of him and I’m going to be a bit of a bummer.

He’s very perimeter-y, and when he hears footsteps coming like when the puck comes to him at the point in the D zone he tends to.. not bail out but make a conscious effort to avoid any contact. Though he took some bumps no problem too. And I’m not seeing the elite, waterbug type skating you need to overcome the size disadvantage. You know, what separates the Gaudreaus from the Matt Phillips.

Yeah, but a chart said he was the 21st best player in the draft.

1719720447513.png

How bush league is this shit? They can't even get a picture of a player they drafted?

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
i played with a little guy, and what he could do against some very big players was pure joy to watch. he could easily get underneath them and once that happened, he could move them all over the ice with ease, and the bigger guys could do nothing to stop him. (legally) but he did have legs like telephone poles.:laugh: allso he was very good at ducking under checks. seeing those big guys take flight when they tried to hit him was amazing, till he would skate behind me when they wanted to kill him even more.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
i played with a little guy, and what he could do against some very big players was pure joy to watch. he could easily get underneath them and once that happened, he could move them all over the ice with ease, and the bigger guys could do nothing to stop him. (legally) but he did have legs like telephone poles.:laugh: allso he was very good at ducking under checks. seeing those big guys take flight when they tried to hit him was amazing, till he would skate behind me when they wanted to kill him even more.
Smaller fwds who can put on mass/are quick are the best in the league on the wall. This kid is surprisingly heavy for his weight at 167, could bode well.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh

at least he knows his limitation's :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad