GDT: 2024-2025 Training Camp

KrisLeturnover

Jan 17, 2021
Here’s the projected lineup from NHL.com. Honestly, I’m fine with this. Keep Beauvillier buried, use Aho as a 5/6 initially, and slot McGroarty next to Geno on opening night.

Obviously Graves sucks, but I can’t see any reality where Pickering gets a shot over him, especially right out of the gate.

IMG_1157.jpeg

Overall, my analysis is to shoot Ryan Graves into the sun and call up Pickering. Other than that - all is well.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
McG's on ice IQ might just make up for his lack of exceptional skating. Smart player. Almost always in the right place at the right time. A nice piece to have in place and likely in his prime for when this team starts to build up their foundational players through the draft again.

akapidots

Jul 3, 2023
Here’s the projected lineup from NHL.com. Honestly, I’m fine with this. Keep Beauvillier buried, use Aho as a 5/6 initially, and slot McGroarty next to Geno on opening night.

Obviously Graves sucks, but I can’t see any reality where Pickering gets a shot over him, especially right out of the gate.

View attachment 912217

Overall, my analysis is to shoot Ryan Graves into the sun and call up Pickering. Other than that - all is well.

Gotta keep Bunting with Malkin tho

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub

View attachment 912217

I don't like any lineup that doesn't have Puustinen and Puljujarvi playing.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
It'll hurt blokes to admit it, but the game should have been worse if not for Jarry.
To add to this, I know I am most definitely the only one that even backs Jarry at this point, even though I still would like to see him moved if not just to see him thrive and the fact that it'd be less annoying here to hear about him so negatively all the time - also Blomqvist, Murashov, etc being in the pipeline.

Also I think if they did move him, Larsson and Ned would be fine, wouldn't be shocked to see Larsson out play Ned.

But in any case just because it still annoys me - bad goalies are bad almost all the time, not great for months and then bad for a month and a half or so, that has more to do with the team than the player imo. Jarry from the start to end of December was a top 5 goalie with his save percentage, etc, he maintained a good one on average until the end of February, around the 24th he was still a top 10 goalie with a .916 sv% (played in 37 of the 54 Pens games up to that point). Even Ned was putting up pretty good numbers at that point with a .915 sv%

But from Feb 25 - April 18th - Both were absolute ass.

XeEShhv.png

Also a reminder, up to this same point - Saros was a 2.95 GAA and .904sv% and Vasilevskiy was a 2.95 GAA and a .897 sv%...

So are they shit too? Or nah, because bad goalies are definitely not good consistently for most of their season, not be pretty f***ing good for months and then not for about a month and a bit.

HtN17Le.png

I'm not sure why Ned even wanted to come back, too bad Jarry didn't get moved to prove he isn't the problem under a Sully coached shit show.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Gotta keep Bunting with Malkin tho
Bunts does all of the stuff Geno needs on his line, he's in hard on the forecheck, buzzes around the net and is a smart player at both ends, he's exactly what Geno needs on that line. I still think Rakell fits best with Sid, but Raks and Geno have shown pretty decent chemistry as well. Just for Geno's sake I hope that trio stays together and Sullivan stops f***ing him over as a placeholder for Sid's wingers. I don't care if dipshit Sully wants to bounce Beau and Doc up and down from L3 and L1, leave L2 the f*** alone for once.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012

View attachment 912217

So we now know Wes Crosby is a dipshit.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Assuming Rust is healthy while Lizotte is injured, they should be starting with:

O’Connor-Crosby-Rust
Bunting-Malkin-Rakell
McGroarty-Hayes-Puljujarvi
Beauvillier-Eller-Acciari
Glass-Puustinen

Once Lizotte is back, make the 4th line Lizette-Eller-Beauvillier and demote Acciari to the press box. Acciari is only in the lineup to start because they need a 3rd PKing center, Lizotte will take back that role once he’s healthy. I haven’t seen a thing from Puustinen that makes me think he should be playing above any of the 12 forwards that they’ll have when they’re healthy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad