GDT: 2024-2025 Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Can Brunicke play on his off side? Yeah?
MP 65
Brunicke 58
Pickering St Ivany
Graves
I'd rather not f*** with a lad like Brunicke playing on his off side in his NHL stint if he gets 9 games.

This team has been using left handed D on the right side, right handed D that shows promise like Harrison are a rare breed.

Also...

Pettersson
Graves
Aho
Grzelcyk
Ludvig
Shea
Pickering
Kral
Belliveau

They're all LHD.

Its why Dubas brought in Clurman and Hollowell because after Letang and Karlsson the next right handed D is Jack St Ivany. I'd send Brunicke back. Roll with Jack as one of the RD, see how long Karlsson is out.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
True Penguin…I really think Brunicke needs to stay up…we have too many shit defensemen lol

Even if he looks "NHL ready", I think at least another year would do wonders for him. Especially since when everyone is healthy he's probably only getting 13 minutes per night on the third pairing or healthy scratched as the 7th D.

Reactions: Sideline

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
i guess the game on saturday will be pretty much our starting lineup since its the last one?
Waiting and waiting for cuts to be made. But since we have b2b friday-saturday i guess we will keep a larga amount of players

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Hot take: Ponomarev seems quite injury prone.
I did say he reminded me of Sobotka.

True Penguin…I really think Brunicke needs to stay up…we have too many shit defensemen lol

More cohesion lol.

Then when the season starts...

Oh noes it's the same f***ing system! It has its moments like yesterday's game and then you realize oh right, this is typical of Sullys system. Powerplay doing its usual shit against AHL players isn't giving me much hype for them fixing it.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Nice to see Jarry is in midseason form.

Yes, that was a terrible pass by Crosby. Clurnan was flat-footed.

But that's a shot from a no-nothing Wing that Jarry should save.

No-nothing Wing was a top 10 pick a year ago.

Probably a good thing to differentiate that your goalie was shit on by a probable Top 6 NHL center rather than a lifelong ECHLer destined for the beer leagues.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Puustinen seems like he's on the outside looking in right now and playing well in pre-season could possibly sway Sullivan. But Puustinen is doing nothing to actually push the case for him having a roster spot.

His performance last year suggests that he shouldn't be in this situation with Sullivan, but since he is, it's up to him to prove Sullivan wrong and force Sullivan's hand to give him a lineup spot. But he has absolutely not done that, at least not in the pre-season games. He's absolutely invisible out there.
Could he, though? Could he really? He played well in a lot more actual NHL games against NHL competition and all it got him was demoted in the eyes of Sullivan. What's a couple of preseason games gonna do?

I think fans put a lot more into preseason than teams do, in all sports. I think teams have already made up their minds and preseason is just to get back into the swing of things. They might give it some lip service, but they know.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Could he, though? Could he really? He played well in a lot more actual NHL games against NHL competition and all it got him was demoted in the eyes of Sullivan. What's a couple of preseason games gonna do?

I think fans put a lot more into preseason than teams do, in all sports. I think teams have already made up their minds and preseason is just to get back into the swing of things. They might give it some lip service, but they know.
Puustinen, when actually used with the right players, shows the promise that twat Sullivan keeps asking for, but then he barely plays him in the Pre-season and when he does, his usage is awful.

If anything, that moron Sullivan is at least consistent with his stupidity.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
There is no way they can send Brunicke down before they know the extent of Karlsson's injury/absence. You cannot roll with Hollowell or Clurman. Neither is anything more than a short-term call-up when injuries pile on.

As much as I have been focusing on the forwards decisions, we have major issues on defense and in goal if Karlsson and/or Ned are out long term. Larsson has looked OK when I saw him, but we cannot rely on him I don't think. Although goaltenders are largely voodoo. I hope they give Blomqvist another game before they send him down. They should give him a full game against Columbus. He needs to finish the preseason on a high note after a shaky start.

On defense, in my opinion they STILL have yet to find the partner for Letang. I don't think Grz is going to pan out. Graves is a LONG way from being the player he was in Colorado. Aho is probably needed on the third pairing at this point. Sullivan almost never plays a righty on the left or a lefty on the right, but I wonder if St. Ivany should maybe be tried with either Letang or Karlsson. His steadiness back there is super important.

It's funny, when this team decides to ice all three of St. Ivany, Brunicke and Pickering, that is when our defense will look steady and reliable. Our youngsters are the ones who can bring stability to the defense. We are living in a Seinfeld Bizarro world episode.

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
can jarry please get a hossa rash? or just get traded for a bag of pucks? I mean does he even have *ANY* value you'd have to be an idiot to want this guy.
oh wait we decided we wanted him...

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
gonna be a fun year of players being day to day for months and sullivan given bitchy snarky little answers to completely reasonable questions meekly asked by reporters staring at their shoes
How sad.
All so they can get their scraps from the most powerful coach in penguin history... the untouchable one... HCMS...
makes me want to puke.
🤢
🤮

can jarry please get a hossa rash? or just get traded for a bag of pucks? I mean does he even have *ANY* value you'd have to be an idiot to want this guy.
oh wait we decided we wanted him...
The pads he owns pretty much. :dunno:

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
There is no way they can send Brunicke down before they know the extent of Karlsson's injury/absence. You cannot roll with Hollowell or Clurman. Neither is anything more than a short-term call-up when injuries pile on.

As much as I have been focusing on the forwards decisions, we have major issues on defense and in goal if Karlsson and/or Ned are out long term. Larsson has looked OK when I saw him, but we cannot rely on him I don't think. Although goaltenders are largely voodoo. I hope they give Blomqvist another game before they send him down. They should give him a full game against Columbus. He needs to finish the preseason on a high note after a shaky start.

On defense, in my opinion they STILL have yet to find the partner for Letang. I don't think Grz is going to pan out. Graves is a LONG way from being the player he was in Colorado. Aho is probably needed on the third pairing at this point. Sullivan almost never plays a righty on the left or a lefty on the right, but I wonder if St. Ivany should maybe be tried with either Letang or Karlsson. His steadiness back there is super important.

It's funny, when this team decides to ice all three of St. Ivany, Brunicke and Pickering, that is when our defense will look steady and reliable. Our youngsters are the ones who can bring stability to the defense. We are living in a Seinfeld Bizarro world episode.
Regardless of EK’s injury status, we have to give Brunicke a 9-game tryout…honestly, he should play in the top six rn, that’s how terrible our D is…Gryz-Letang is a terrible pairing too…if we tried,
Petts-Brunicke
Pickering-Karl
Graves-Letang

Our D would be way better…I’d sub St Ivany for Graves if he can play his offside lol

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017
Regardless of EK’s injury status, we have to give Brunicke a 9-game tryout…honestly, he should play in the top six rn, that’s how terrible our D is…Gryz-Letang is a terrible pairing too…if we tried,
Petts-Brunicke
Pickering-Karl
Graves-Letang

Our D would be way better…I’d sub St Ivany for Graves if he can play his offside lol
EK- Tang
Petts- Brunicke
Graves- St. Ivany

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
I'd rather not f*** with a lad like Brunicke playing on his off side in his NHL stint if he gets 9 games.

This team has been using left handed D on the right side, right handed D that shows promise like Harrison are a rare breed.

Also...

Pettersson
Graves
Aho
Grzelcyk
Ludvig
Shea
Pickering
Kral
Belliveau

They're all LHD.

Its why Dubas brought in Clurman and Hollowell because after Letang and Karlsson the next right handed D is Jack St Ivany. I'd send Brunicke back. Roll with Jack as one of the RD, see how long Karlsson is out.
it would do wonders getting him lots of playing time and in all situations, instead of playing 6 min. a night because sully is sully

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
This place is funny. Sid deserves more blame than Jarry for last night's game.
Lazy, failed breakaway and the last goal is totally on him. Barely got a mention.
Also super weird to focus on the goalie when the team scores only 1 on 44 shots vs Detroit B. Ample PPs and high danger chances.

Jarry kept it to 2 or less. Score?
We should not blame ANYONE for a preseason results. Vets just go through the motions.

It is about getting ready (for the vets) and proving yourself (for the kids).

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Lazy, failed breakaway and the last goal is totally on him. Barely got a mention.
Also super weird to focus on the goalie when the team scores only 1 on 44 shots vs Detroit B. Ample PPs and high danger chances.

Counterpoint: Jarry blows games in the last 5-10 minutes like that on the regular.

Also, I don’t think anyone is not blaming the Powerplay as well.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

We don’t have any dangerous, overly talented shooters on this team anymore…our best shooters are ancient…that’s one reason we’re so terrible at finishing…I think it’s going to look like this a lot this season as it has the last couple seasons…our best hope is Jarry or whoever our goalie is outplaying the competition…Husso outplayed him last night…no question that our goaltending improving is really the easiest way we’re going to improve our points standings…

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Yeah I'm super glad the team went out and got a highly qualified powerplay coach and didn't just hire Sullivan's friend or something. That would have been borderline negligent after last season.

You can tell they've really shaken things up, there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad