GDT: 2024-2025 Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Can Brunicke play on his off side? Yeah?
MP 65
Brunicke 58
Pickering St Ivany
Graves
I'd rather not f*** with a lad like Brunicke playing on his off side in his NHL stint if he gets 9 games.

This team has been using left handed D on the right side, right handed D that shows promise like Harrison are a rare breed.

Also...

Pettersson
Graves
Aho
Grzelcyk
Ludvig
Shea
Pickering
Kral
Belliveau

They're all LHD.

Its why Dubas brought in Clurman and Hollowell because after Letang and Karlsson the next right handed D is Jack St Ivany. I'd send Brunicke back. Roll with Jack as one of the RD, see how long Karlsson is out.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
True Penguin…I really think Brunicke needs to stay up…we have too many shit defensemen lol

Even if he looks "NHL ready", I think at least another year would do wonders for him. Especially since when everyone is healthy he's probably only getting 13 minutes per night on the third pairing or healthy scratched as the 7th D.

Reactions: Sideline

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
i guess the game on saturday will be pretty much our starting lineup since its the last one?
Waiting and waiting for cuts to be made. But since we have b2b friday-saturday i guess we will keep a larga amount of players

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Hot take: Ponomarev seems quite injury prone.
I did say he reminded me of Sobotka.

True Penguin…I really think Brunicke needs to stay up…we have too many shit defensemen lol

More cohesion lol.

Then when the season starts...

Oh noes it's the same f***ing system! It has its moments like yesterday's game and then you realize oh right, this is typical of Sullys system. Powerplay doing its usual shit against AHL players isn't giving me much hype for them fixing it.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Nice to see Jarry is in midseason form.

Yes, that was a terrible pass by Crosby. Clurnan was flat-footed.

But that's a shot from a no-nothing Wing that Jarry should save.

No-nothing Wing was a top 10 pick a year ago.

Probably a good thing to differentiate that your goalie was shit on by a probable Top 6 NHL center rather than a lifelong ECHLer destined for the beer leagues.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Puustinen seems like he's on the outside looking in right now and playing well in pre-season could possibly sway Sullivan. But Puustinen is doing nothing to actually push the case for him having a roster spot.

His performance last year suggests that he shouldn't be in this situation with Sullivan, but since he is, it's up to him to prove Sullivan wrong and force Sullivan's hand to give him a lineup spot. But he has absolutely not done that, at least not in the pre-season games. He's absolutely invisible out there.
Could he, though? Could he really? He played well in a lot more actual NHL games against NHL competition and all it got him was demoted in the eyes of Sullivan. What's a couple of preseason games gonna do?

I think fans put a lot more into preseason than teams do, in all sports. I think teams have already made up their minds and preseason is just to get back into the swing of things. They might give it some lip service, but they know.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Could he, though? Could he really? He played well in a lot more actual NHL games against NHL competition and all it got him was demoted in the eyes of Sullivan. What's a couple of preseason games gonna do?

I think fans put a lot more into preseason than teams do, in all sports. I think teams have already made up their minds and preseason is just to get back into the swing of things. They might give it some lip service, but they know.
Puustinen, when actually used with the right players, shows the promise that twat Sullivan keeps asking for, but then he barely plays him in the Pre-season and when he does, his usage is awful.

If anything, that moron Sullivan is at least consistent with his stupidity.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad