GDT: 2024-2025 Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Why keep young players like Poulin and Puusty on the team just to never play them? The 13th and 14th forwards should be between Beau, Hayes, and Acciari…
I'm willing to give Beau and Hayes a chance. Agree on Acciari. He defines "redundancy" on this roster.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
If Glass is in the first 3 wingers then I guess showing absolutely nothing gets you a roster spot in this coach's idiotic Accountability driven roster. Because there's no way Glass has played better than Puustinen and Puljujarvi and at this point, I wait to see what Lizotte does today before I even say he would stay over him.

As the saying goes he's been a "nothing burger" so far and going from the camp to the preseason game, flashes of Harkins isn't getting anyone but Sullivan excited.

Today's game vs the Sabres is filled with plugs from the Sabres side. I expect a lot of dirty hits and fights in this one. Also, interesting to see Rathbone and Prow there now, would be hilarious to see them score goals today even if it's just the preseason.

Honestly I have a hunch that Glass' spot is where McGroarty will go if McGroarty makes the team. I was initially thinking Beauvillier was the stopgap but I actually think it's Glass.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Why keep young players like Poulin and Puusty on the team just to never play them? The 13th and 14th forwards should be between Beau, Hayes, and Acciari…
*should be between Acciari, Lizotte, and Glass.

Hayes and Beauvillier I think can provide something to this line-up. Lizotte I hate even adding in that list, but as a 13-14th forward that's fine given the heavy veteran roster Sullivan gets moist for.

I'm willing to give Beau and Hayes a chance. Agree on Acciari. He defines "redundancy" on this roster.
You're just blind and ignorant mate.

You obviously can't see the sticktoitiveness and juice he provides to this roster and how he plays the game the right way.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
*should be between Acciari, Lizotte, and Glass.

Hayes and Beauvillier I think can provide something to this line-up. Lizotte I hate even adding in that list, but as a 13-14th forward that's fine given the heavy veteran roster Sullivan gets moist for.

Why does Lizotte fit in that group? He's a terrific bottom-6 piece that brings a lot of what this team lacked in their bottom-6.

I don't think there is a single person on this website that wants Acciari playing for the Penguins.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Honestly I have a hunch that Glass' spot is where McGroarty will go if McGroarty makes the team. I was initially thinking Beauvillier was the stopgap but I actually think it's Glass.
I'm not sure what they're seeing McGroarty as, he can play both wings, ideally the LW is where this team needs him to grow and be a huge fit for, not to just fill the RW spot because of ignorance which is usually the Sullivan method.

In any case, I would still rather see him start in WBS and play a ton of minutes in all situations and then be the first call-up if he's proving he is a big fish in a little pond in the first few weeks.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'm not sure what they're seeing McGroarty as, he can play both wings, ideally the LW is where this team needs him to grow and be a huge fit for, not to just fill the RW spot because of ignorance which is usually the Sullivan method.

In any case, I would still rather see him start in WBS and play a ton of minutes in all situations and then be the first call-up if he's proving he is a big fish in a little pond in the first few weeks.

I think he likely starts in WBS, but if he starts in the NHL, I think it would probably be on LW3 and have McGroarty-Eller-O'Connor as their 3rd line.

Wouldn't bet on it as the likeliest outcome but I think that would be the most logical place for McGroarty to fit.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Why does Lizotte fit in that group? He's a terrific bottom-6 piece that brings a lot of what this team lacked in their bottom-6.

I don't think there is a single person on this website that wants Acciari playing for the Penguins.
Like I said, I hesitate to even put him in that grouping but if there's a winger that would be rotating in, it'd be Lizotte for me over the likes of Glass or Acciari. I know what Lizotte can bring, I watch my fair share of Kings games.

That's assuming the line-up would be something like this:

Beauvillier/O'Connor, Crosby, Rust
Bunting, Malkin, Rakell
Beauvillier/O'Connor, Hayes, Puustinen
Lizotte, Eller, Puljujarvi

That's what I would like to see, maybe you keep Glass as the 13th forward and rotate him in.

I think he likely starts in WBS, but if he starts in the NHL, I think it would probably be on LW3 and have McGroarty-Eller-O'Connor as their 3rd line.

Wouldn't bet on it as the likeliest outcome but I think that would be the most logical place for McGroarty to fit.
Just any reason to push out a legit RW that should be on the roster huh?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Just any reason to push out a legit RW that should be on the roster huh?

I like Puustinen but I don't particularly mind the 6 wingers in the top-9 they'd have above him if they went that route tbh. Without McGroarty, I think Puustinen should absolutely be the 3rd line RW. With McGroarty, it's a bit more murky for where I see Puustinen fitting.

I also don't mind the lineup you posted either, I've been unsure where Puljujarvi would fit but I think that role would make sense for him.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
If Glass is in the first 3 wingers then I guess showing absolutely nothing gets you a roster spot in this coach's idiotic Accountability driven roster. Because there's no way Glass has played better than Puustinen and Puljujarvi and at this point, I wait to see what Lizotte does today before I even say he would stay over him.

As the saying goes he's been a "nothing burger" so far and going from the camp to the preseason game, flashes of Harkins isn't getting anyone but Sullivan excited.

Today's game vs the Sabres is filled with plugs from the Sabres side. I expect a lot of dirty hits and fights in this one. Also, interesting to see Rathbone and Prow there now, would be hilarious to see them score goals today even if it's just the preseason.
Not that I'm disagreeing necessarily, but based on what?

I don't recall hearing much about Puustinen or Puljujarvi either. In fact, I thought Puljujarvi was on his way to WBS until he potted a hatty. Not convinced that he's NHL bound either but I think that at least made the discussion a bit rougher.

I can see Puustinen being above Glass. Puljujarvi and/or Poulin, I don't know. I think Glass is better player than both.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Not sure if it's just me but it seems like all of the hockey streams aren't working on the normal sites. May have to miss out on this game, would be annoying because I really wanted to see how McGroarty looked.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
It's supposed to be on ESPN+ which I legally pay for but it's not soooooo.... onhockey.tv has a feed

Yeah it's kinda weird, my go-to site has none of the games working. I wonder if these internet providers are cracking down on these illegal streams because it seems like some of the go-to websites just have nothing up and running.

Even trying to open up the Pirates game on these websites aren't working.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad