GDT: Preseason Game 2: Devils @ Canadiens - 7 P.M.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Just like the Islander game .... glad this is a preseason game🙄

This game really hasn’t been bad for a game where out top forward line is our 4th line and we’re missing the majority of our Dmen against most of the Habs lineup including their best D and top line.

Reactions: Devs3cups

pulkit1989

Nov 16, 2011
Has anyone noticed any major structural changes in how the Devils play compared to Lindy’s time?
I’m noticing more structure and more forecheck - maybe thats why they look more gassed towards end of the 3rd period in both games

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Damn it. Those losers don’t deserve it.

Nemec has been off at times.
He's been pretty good tonight I thought overall. The goal was obviously a mistake on his part, these happen at times, especially when you're gassed.

Also hard to deserve it with that lineup lol, one of the worst lineups I've seen us ice in a long time.

Reactions: Hockey Sports Fan

Dylan9z9

LGD 2024-25
May 16, 2012
Rockaway, NJ
If you looked at these two lineups and thought they were gonna win I don't know what to tell you.

Honestly the biggest thing I take from this game is that Montreal is way further behind their rebuild than I thought.
absolutely even though the the Devils line-up is a joke I didn't expect high school hockey

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
If you looked at these two lineups and thought they were gonna win I don't know what to tell you.

Honestly the biggest thing I take from this game is that Montreal is way further behind their rebuild than I thought.

I’m not surprised the Habs still have a ways to go. I do think they have the majority of pieces but it’s going to be sometime before those pieces result in results

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I'm concerned that virus might be running through the lineup, especially consistent team has to go to Europe

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Nemec is about to start his first full season of hopefully 10+ more and will be a featured Devil in Europe, Casey is trying to prove he's too good for Utica. They're not playing the same game tonight.

But also I think Nemec has looked great as a whole tonight. He's easily the best hockey brain I've seen in a Devils sweater since Elias.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Casey has been excellent the last two periods IMO. Looked a little tentative in the first but still solid.

Nemec’s timing looks off, wonder if he is still shaking off rust.
Thought he was fine tonight except for the mistake, but yeah, it's his first game after all with an AHL lineup. It is what it is, rust is expected. He's a second year player. He's got loads of potential and will be great, but he'll make mistakes as he learns.

Reactions: My3Sons

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Very similar to the first game. The team came out of the gates fast but faded hard. They could barely skate by the end.

Reactions: My3Sons

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad