GDT: 2024-2025 Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LiffLaff

Crazy? Me?
Feb 22, 2010
Vardal
Now I know this isnt close to the finished roster, as most of these guys wont be on the team come opening night, but man am I sick of watching Sullivan hockey, theres just no push back at all, just let teams take the O zone at will, wave your stick at the puck, but for the love of god, do NOT try to take the man, and if they try to push past you along the board, be sure to give them a little pat on the shoulder and say good job going fast, no sense in trying to separate the man from the puck right? Is this team even playing hockey any more? Seems like the coach thinks the NHL is a no contact league...

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Sorry, I thought you were the one who thought all our prospects sucked and was trying to make a point that the Sabres should be good because of this random preseason game.
I was commenting on the persistent failures of Sabres and Sens teams that have a bunch of young talent but never seem to get better. Try reading posts instead of pretending you're some kind of elite talent evaluator, you f***in' dork ass nerd.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
It sucks to get a bunch of solid young players finally on this team and know that they’ll likely not succeed as much as they should because this coach has some weird hold on the ownership and upper management that allows them to ignore the last 8 seasons.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I was commenting on the persistent failures of Sabres and Sens teams that have a bunch of young talent but never seem to get better. Try reading posts instead of pretending you're some kind of elite talent evaluator, you f***in' dork ass nerd.

I said "I'm surprised Broz looks this good coming straight out of college" and I got lectured by Gurgs for having awful evaluation talents. For simply saying "I'm surprised Broz looks this good coming straight out of college".

It wouldn't be hockey season without Gurgs being an insufferable prick over mundane conversation.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I said "I'm surprised Broz looks this good coming straight out of college" and I got lectured by Gurgs for having awful evaluation talents. For simply saying "I'm surprised Broz looks this good coming straight out of college".

It wouldn't be hockey season without Gurgs being an insufferable prick over mundane conversation.
It wouldn't be a day that ends in y. :laugh:

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
I wont be giving a crap this season for reasons I mentioned in the offtopic thread.
My wife wanted me to go see the game again this season because she was like “As mad as you are that the coach is a :eek::eek::eek::eek: as you say, you will hate yourself for not watching as much of Malkin and others while you can.”

I hate that she’s right.

She’s a Jackets fan, so for her the Gaudreau death etc, she doesn’t really feel all that excited to watch the Jackets because of how tragic the whole thing is.

Edit: @66-30-33 - Yeah you have a lot of real shit going on, don’t hesitate to PM any of us just to vent if you don’t want to post things on the forum mate.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Dude I am literally giving you specific things with Blomqvist's game that scream "not NHL ready", while you just keep reciting the score.

Again, the score has nothing to do with this. His rebound control isn't there yet. He's scrambling a lot and not showing a lot of compactness when he goes down. He's over-reliant on his athleticism and needs to polish his technique and become a tighter, more compact goalie. He's not ready from the technical aspects from what I can see from him.

Any judgement of Blomqvist because of this game is just silly.

There is nothing you can take out of this game given what is in front of him.

Once again. He held the fort for a period and then the Penguins got worked by an NHL team when they are mostly players that won't even be touching the AHL tonight.

So excited tonight to watch Pens, but just realized that also means watching Sully for 80+ time…. This will be hard

I'm honestly curious to see what they do with him if they just totally shit the bed to start the season.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
The one thing I’ll say is that Broz looked exactly like this all of college and no one listened to me that he’s actually a good player. I still don’t know what it means NHL wise and worry about the jack of all trades type of talent he is, but he was a nice player at Denver.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Larsson definitely has a more technically sound game than Blomqvist right now, but I can also really see how he could be getting totally lit up by legit NHL talent. He plays smaller than the 6'2" frame he has, Blomqvist does look like a bigger goalie despite the two being the same size.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Graves has just zero awareness of his surroundings, that’s the last player I’d want cutting across the crease within reach of a player that’s got the same reach as he does.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Larsson definitely has a more technically sound game than Blomqvist right now, but I can also really see how he could be getting totally lit up by legit NHL talent. He plays smaller than the 6'2" frame he has, Blomqvist does look like a bigger goalie despite the two being the same size.
Larsson is also 4yrs older with a lot more development under his belt and more pro experience over seas, that’s to be expected.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
The date is September 21 and the Sabres season has peaked.
This is the best it’ll get for Ruff in his second stint as a Sabres coach.

In a few months he’ll be back to trying to explain his idiotic decisions to the media while his team spirals out of contention.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Larsson is also 4yrs older with a lot more development under his belt and more pro experience over seas, that’s to be expected.

Yeah there's a reason Larsson was dogshit like 4 years ago in the AHL, he needed that more development time in Sweden.

Not holding my breath much on him being a legit NHL option, but I'm hoping he can be a reliable AHL option at least.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad