Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Talk | The Slow Crawl to the Season

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
What's articifial in sport is being able to buy a championship. It has nothing to do with their capacity at drafting, developing and building a team.

Have a league with only a handful of teams then and quit pretending it's anything else. Right now there are 4 or 5 orgs and the rest are just their farm teams. Dodgers have an $8 billion TV deal. Good luck, Pirates.
but the Pirates have Skenes though

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
As much as I love Ivan, there's no guarantee that he won't burn out halfway through the season. It took LOC a couple years to figure out his conditioning
Ivan should not burn out playing 7-10 minutes on the 4th line.

LOC had problems when he was moved up from the 4th line for an extended period of time. He is now OK on the 3rd line.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Ivan should not burn out playing 7-10 minutes on the 4th line.

LOC had problems when he was moved up from the 4th line for an extended period of time. He is now OK on the 3rd line.

It’s not just the ice time, it’s the grind. The practices, the workouts, the travel, etc. combined with a much higher pace of game.

Most newly turned pros haven’t played for 7-9 months straight at any point of their life. It takes a toll on them mentally and physically until they get used to it.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
As much as I love Ivan, there's no guarantee that he won't burn out halfway through the season. It took LOC a couple years to figure out his conditioning
Regardless, I don’t see 4C as a huge issue. 3C presents itself as a bigger problem unless the Avs decide to put Colton back there…assuming the Avs even have a relatively healthy top six.

AvsFan4

Jul 18, 2024
I wanted Voronkov from CBJ as a potential trade target this year. Big as hell power forward. Middle 6er with possibile potential as a good 2nd liner. He’s hurt now though. Honestly… Shit go get him then. He’s already an Av being on the IR

Reactions: Freaky Styley

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
It’s not just the ice time, it’s the grind. The practices, the workouts, the travel, etc. combined with a much higher pace of game.

Most newly turned pros haven’t played for 7-9 months straight at any point of their life. It takes a toll on them mentally and physically until they get used to it.
I've often wondered if that isn't also the root cause of the dreaded sophomore slump.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
I wanted Voronkov from CBJ as a potential trade target this year. Big as hell power forward. Middle 6er with possibile potential as a good 2nd liner. He’s hurt now though. Honestly… Shit go get him then. He’s already an Av being on the IR
The Avs don't need another winger. That's the deepest position on the roster so if anything they should trade a forward to plug other holes in the lineup (namely goalie, PKing RHD, and a proper 3C to push Colton to the wing or at the very least a 4C if Ivan tails off).

Drouin - MacKinnon - Rantanen
Landeskog - Mittelstadt - Nichushkin
Lehkonen - Colton - Kovalenko
Wood - Ivan - O'Connor
Kelly, Kiviranta

Reactions: RECKLESS and Murzu

GoNordiquesGo

Oct 1, 2016
Montreal, Quebec
The Avs need to be healthy. Until they know what they have in Lando and Nuke, they won't do anything at forward.
The need a 5D, but that can wait at the deadline.
The net is the big ?? however... :-(

**Edit Before I get ripped about "being healthy", I don't mean that the Avs will be fully healthy. I mean they need to know what happens with Captain and Nose***

Reactions: RECKLESS

RECKLESS

Apr 23, 2019
The Avs don't need another winger. That's the deepest position on the roster so if anything they should trade a forward to plug other holes in the lineup (namely goalie, PKing RHD, and a proper 3C to push Colton to the wing or at the very least a 4C if Ivan tails off).

Drouin - MacKinnon - Rantanen
Landeskog - Mittelstadt - Nichushkin
Lehkonen - Colton - Kovalenko
Wood - Ivan - O'Connor
Kelly, Kiviranta
I'd put Kivi over Kovy right now, but otherwise that group is leathal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad