Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Talk | The Slow Crawl to the Season

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Oh, how all the shit in the hockey world now seem to stick with the Avs.

Desperately thinking about what a secondrounder in 2025 might bring on the trade market.

I say NO to Timmy Liljegren (TOR), PIT, ANA and other unload goalies. Not with Georgie, Kappo K and Annunen.

BUT a still building team like San Jose or Nashville could be open to trade one of their bottom six vets that seem to be in good shape right now.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
So Friedman speculates our options may be two guys who haven't been good in 4-5 years? We're so ****ed.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I think in his early years he was quite good but he definitely fell off a cliff.

Reminds me a lot of Dion Phaneuf and how he took the league by storm but once the book was out on the guy, he became a mostly minute-munching liability.
This is always the first thing I think of when Provorov's name comes up.

Reactions: dahrougem2

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I don't know what Toronto is asking for him but if they were to go and get Timothy Liljegren, that'd be the guy for whom I think I'd be okay with saying "Okay, now they can trade Girard." And yes I know he's injury prone and a right-hand shot.

On another note...is Karel Vejmelka still a viable NHL goalie or has his game completely fallen apart?
I'd personally prefer Connor Ingram, but I have a feeling he's the one of the two Utah will be keeping.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I'd personally prefer Connor Ingram, but I have a feeling he's the one of the two Utah will be keeping.
Oh they ain't moving on from Ingram, no way no how. They probably don't want to move Vejmelka either but if they were going to flip a goalie, that's the guy they'd be willing to talk about.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Fat Frank on TSN 1050 this morning:

- Avs aren’t a good hockey team right now, goes without saying given missing 5 key players. Not surprised by the poor start.

- Doesn’t expect the ship to necessarily be turned around when players come back. Says Avs won’t be able to outscore their goaltending problems and Georgiev has been bad for a year straight now so he doesn’t see this as just a small sample size.

- Not the type of team to make a desperate move and will stick to their plans, doesn’t expect big movement from them in terms of trades or coaching changes.

- Expects Rantanen to get done during the season and for it to be 8 years. Says he will come in under MacKinnon but isn’t even convinced Avs would give him just under at $12.5m. Says lots of players around the league watching this negotiation, he thinks Rantanen could go down as the most underrated superstar of this generation. Rantanen wants to stay and Avs know they can’t let him go. Won’t even entertain a trade.

Is “Generationally Underrated” already a thing that people say? Is it about to be?

• Haha
Reactions: CobraAcesS

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
I would be open to making a move for Blackwood and Vejmelka, then picking up another stay at home defender and see where thing shake out.

I know I’m in the minority, but I think Kylington will be end up working out for us. I saw a lot of flashes last game that to me suggest once he gets comfortable and familiar with other defenders he’ll be a net positive. I bet by January he’ll be a deserving mainstay on our back end.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I would be open to making a move for Blackwood and Vejmelka, then picking up another stay at home defender and see where thing shake out.

I know I’m in the minority, but I think Kylington will be end up working out for us. I saw a lot of flashes last game that to me suggest once he gets comfortable and familiar with other defenders he’ll be a net positive. I bet by January he’ll be a deserving mainstay on our back end.

He must have done something to have people so solidly in his corner as far as adjusting. You're not the only one who thinks it's worth pushing through his difficulties. Which includes the team.

Does the guy really have middle pairing ability?

Gumballhead

Nov 18, 2002
Chicago
scotchhorns.bandcamp.com

It’s hard to tell what is going on with him but he’s definitely not in the right place a lot of the time - I can’t remember seeing a guy look so befuddled. Doesn’t help that he’s been with Makar who thinks and acts with super human quickness. He also has some baby giraffe in his balance, weird for a guy who’s not tall. I can’t believe this is what this guy really is but we can’t afford stuff like that right now

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
One day I hope you'll take a minute of your time to explain to us (what appears to be) your irrational hate for Blackwood. :laugh:
Oh I wouldn't say I hated the guy per se, I just didn't understand why NJ took so f***ing long to move on from him. He's just not that good, and insanely injury-prone on top of that.

Reactions: Balthazar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad