Pre-Game Talk: Week of Make a F***ing Save, Damnit! vs NYI (Mon 7PM); vs BOS (Wed 7:30PM); vs ANA (Fri 7PM); @ SJ (Sun 6PM)

How many goaltenders will play for the Avs this week?

Votes: 6 10.9%

Votes: 4 7.3%

Votes: 25 45.5%

Votes: 5 9.1%

Votes: 15 27.3%

• Total voters

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
We all know at some point he will get fired. It's inevitable for any coach in a pro league. I'm just not anywhere near that right now, certainly not when the goaltending is complete and utter shit and there's an entire scoring line and half a top pairing missing from the lineup.

I bet they keep him even while deciding to rebuild. Whenever that is..

I'll complain about Bednar, but after some of the coaches we've seen. I'm way to afraid of the unknown to actually hope he's fired.

I'd be down if Tampa and Colorado just swapped coaches every 5 years or so.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I bet they keep him even while deciding to rebuild. Whenever that is..

I'll complain about Bednar, but after some of the coaches we've seen. I'm way to afraid of the unknown to actually hope he's fired.

I'd be down if Tampa and Colorado just swapped coaches every 5 years or so.
Naw, he'll be gone before they decide to pull the plug. They'll do everything possible to keep the window open, including a hearty swing of the axe. It's only after all that doesn't work will they finally start over.

I have my issues with Bednar but I guarantee most other coaches have much more maddening tendencies.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Naw, he'll be gone before they decide to pull the plug. They'll do everything possible to keep the window open, including a hearty swing of the axe. It's only after all that doesn't work will they finally start over.

I have my issues with Bednar but I guarantee most other coaches have much more maddening tendencies.

Definitely

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Annunen gets lit up pretty consistently in practice. I just don't think he's very good.
It bothers me how management and coaching are just not on the same page. It's the same situation as with Alex Newhook. Coaches knew damn well he wasn't anything close to a 2C and yet management still pushed it on them.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
I don't get it. Even if Georgiev was playing GOOD, you'd think you'd want to get your backup into a game within the first 5.
They're desperate for him to get a win and make his feefee's feel better, so another start against a bad team makes sense. Just wait until he loses again and starts against SJ too

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad