Draft R5 #159: Rangers select RD Vittorio "Victor" Mancini (Omaha, NCAA)

NYR2007

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2009
New York
This is why we should have dealt Lindgren for assets this off season.

Good to know we have this kid for down the stretch and playoffs when Lindgren gets hurt again

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
They have but yes I am too. They're getting there.
Mistakes will be made for sure but it is a learning curve and he looks like he has some great tools and a toolbox . I like seeing his creativity in the opposition end .....gotta like that from a big kid !

Victor Mancini was drafted in the 5th round, 159th overall.

The lowest drafted player to have played more NHL games than him, is Lane Hutson who was picked in the 2nd round, 62nd overall.
Hutson also looks very good .

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Mistakes will be made for sure but it is a learning curve and he looks like he has some great tools and a toolbox . I like seeing his creativity in the opposition end .....gotta like that from a big kid !

Hutson also looks very good .

Honestly, our 2020 draft class may never be topped, but 2022 has a lot of potential especially considering we didn't have a 1st.

Ending up with Sýkora, McConnell-Barker, Laba and Mancini could be low-key a really good draft class.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
interesting stat on Mancini - at 5 on 5, 90% of his shot attempts are SOG. He has been dart like accurate at hitting the net which is a big upgrade on this defense.

He moves laterally and just snaps the puck on net. It may seem easy, but his lateral mobility really helps him here. Honestly, Miller should be similar if he was more accurate with this shot

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
interesting stat on Mancini - at 5 on 5, 90% of his shot attempts are SOG. He has been dart like accurate at hitting the net which is a big upgrade on this defense.

Man, I looked this up because it sounds crazy for a rookie having just played 4 career games. Interesting to keep an eye on!

1729269074812.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad