Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Talk | The Slow Crawl to the Season

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
This was his last post..it's not that bad. Especially from Pierce.

GYOUHLL.png
Ah, so it was Pierce that bullied SE from the forum. Probably the least surprising development to come from that incessant douchebag.

Reactions: Alienblood

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
You see this all too often here, though. People who can't disagree without making it personal. Attack the opinion not the poster. Saying you'd rather than 10 of one poster than a single 1 of another is pretty harsh. I don't blame Sea Eagles for leaving, and to be honest it was more than this one post, this is likely just the post that broke the camel's back. His opinions were constantly under fire because he dared to disagree with the group-think. What's the point in a discussion forum if all you get is an echo chamber of opinions.
That's what people do on the internet. It goes on all sides of the debate and isn't limited to positive, negative, realistic or homer sides. People on the internet are nuts and say and do some weird things (don't even get me started on getting doxxed here). I don't blame Sea Eagles a bit for leaving. People have to do what is best for them. The endless optimism is just a different side of the endless negativity card. I'd like Sea Eagles back, but he simply has to do what is best for him.

On the echo chamber, outside of Georgiev sucking (who even has his apologists), we have a lot of different opinions on here. Some of them are deeply unpopular and lead to discussions. There are things the reframe and move over time and things that just float away.

Reactions: Alienblood

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
It would be less old if the team was clearly making moves for the "what if he doesn't come back", instead they are hinging on the "what if he does come back".

That's where the Avs are in a tough spot. If they hedge their bets on Lando coming back then the team ends up not having what they need to compete, but if they make moves based on him coming back and load up and he comes back then they have no cap to bring him back if its before the playoffs (and then they have to figure out their cap situation the next year if Lando came back in the playoffs.)

Right now management is in a lose-lose situation.

AvalancheSpeedsters

Aug 2, 2005
Kamloops, BC
That's where the Avs are in a tough spot. If they hedge their bets on Lando coming back then the team ends up not having what they need to compete, but if they make moves based on him coming back and load up and he comes back then they have no cap to bring him back if its before the playoffs (and then they have to figure out their cap situation the next year if Lando came back in the playoffs.)

Right now management is in a lose-lose situation.
Not to mention if they make a move and then have to get cap relief other teams will want to really press their advantage over Colorado , forcing an overpay

Reactions: forsbergavs32

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
You see this all too often here, though. People who can't disagree without making it personal. Attack the opinion not the poster. Saying you'd rather than 10 of one poster than a single 1 of another is pretty harsh. I don't blame Sea Eagles for leaving, and to be honest it was more than this one post, this is likely just the post that broke the camel's back. His opinions were constantly under fire because he dared to disagree with the group-think. What's the point in a discussion forum if all you get is an echo chamber of opinions.
I believe the thread was heavily edited. @Sea Eagles was under siege and reading it real time as it happened felt like I was witnessing a gang beat down of a dude. It was multiple people and it was pretty heated and very much personal. I even made the comment at the time, that it was the saddest and angriest posters have made me, period. Even with a few of us speaking up, it felt like we were drowned out. Apparently, we were to the degree that he left.

AvStock

Mar 15, 2022
I believe the thread was heavily edited. @Sea Eagles was under siege and reading it real time as it happened felt like I was witnessing a gang beat down of a dude. It was multiple people and it was pretty heated and very much personal. I even made the comment at the time, that it was the saddest and angriest posters have made me, period. Even with a few of us speaking up, it felt like we were drowned out. Apparently, we were to the degree that he left.
Well maybe if Georgiev, Bednar, cmac, and Girard weren’t idiots and losers then he would still be here

• Haha
Reactions: expatriatedtexan

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Thanks for the comments guys, I really appreciate it :thumbu:

Not an ideal start to the season, but there are some positive signs. Averaging over 3+ goals a game in scoring (without Lehks, Drouin, Nuke, Landy & Toews). Mittelstadt really hitting his strides. Ritchie is a breath of fresh air.

As we get troops back, and the chemistry starts building, we'll be back with a vengeance. We are still a heavy weight, and we are still in a Stanley Cup window. I have no doubts we'll bounce back, and I also think this adversity will form part of our resilience and resurgence (and make no mistakes, we'll clique).

We just have to hang in there. I'm glad Bednar isn't or doesn't seem too flustered. Stability, support, and sticking together (even as a fanbase) is key here. These tougher times, make the better times taste all that sweeter.

Poor old Georgiev / Annunen are really struggling at the moment. Their confidence seems shot, playing behind what appears an unrecognizable team in front of them at times. No excuses, they could be way better, but I also think once that swagger returns (goalies need a swagger), and our troops return, we'll be much, much better for it.

I don't really want to talk about me. All I'll say is I respect everyone's view. The more negative and angry someone is, just says to me how passionate they are about our teams results & culture, so I could never knock anyone for their opinion, good, bad and ugly - because at the end of the day, we all want the same thing - and I really think we aren't too far off or long in regards to making that happen again.

Cheers :)

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021

Not an ideal start to the season, but there are some positive signs. Averaging over 3+ goals a game in scoring (without Lehks, Drouin, Nuke, Landy & Toews). Mittelstadt really hitting his strides. Ritchie is a breath of fresh air.

As we get troops back, and the chemistry starts building, we'll be back with a vengeance. We are still a heavy weight, and we are still in a Stanley Cup window. I have no doubts we'll bounce back, and I also think this adversity will form part of our resilience and resurgence (and make no mistakes, we'll clique).

We just have to hang in there. I'm glad Bednar isn't or doesn't seem too flustered. Stability, support, and sticking together (even as a fanbase) is key here. These tougher times, make the better times taste all that sweeter.

Poor old Georgiev / Annunen are really struggling at the moment. Their confidence seems shot, playing behind what appears an unrecognizable team in front of them at times. No excuses, they could be way better, but I also think once that swagger returns (goalies need a swagger), and our troops return, we'll be much, much better for it.

I don't really want to talk about me. All I'll say is I respect everyone's view. The more negative and angry someone is, just says to me how passionate they are about our teams results & culture, so I could never knock anyone for their opinion, good, bad and ugly - because at the end of the day, we all want the same thing - and I really think we aren't too far off or long in regards to making that happen again.

Glad to have you back, mate! Your positivity is a breath of fresh air here, and you're spot on that considering the talent out of the lineup, we've been producing a good amount offensively.

• Love
Reactions: Sea Eagles

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo

ab1e6310-7744-4dd9-80cf-aff009feb554_text.gif

And don't worry, SE. I already sent a flaming bag of dog poo to Pierce's front door

• Haha
Reactions: Sea Eagles

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad