Other Sports: Philadelphia Phillies: The Road To .500 Continues Into Red October (2024 Edition)

JojoTheWhale

Lusting Stromboli
May 22, 2008
We do this almost every time. There are some disasters like Girardi that are the exceptions to the rules. But we wildly overrate what a manger does. It’s fine. Your opinion shouldn’t change.

*Edit* I swear I know how to spell Girardi.

Last edited:
Reactions: FLYguy3911

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Flyers collapse. Eagles collapse. Phillies collapse.

All 3 coach's brought back.

Coaching Accountability does not exist in Philadelphia.

Reactions: BiggE

philly_28

Valar Morghulis
Apr 9, 2007
Flyers collapse. Eagles collapse. Phillies collapse.

All 3 coach's brought back.

Coaching Accountability does not exist in Philadelphia.

Eagles were in the Super Bowl 2 years ago. Phillies were in the World Series 2 years ago. A somewhat longer leash is expected in these cases and I'm not sure I totally disagree.

Torts still has the longest leash of them all for some reason though...

Reactions: BiggE

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I like DD though he likes Hays too much. He is the the complete opposite of what they need. He doesn't walk or see pitches at all.

Hays is f***ing GARBAGE but Dombrowski's ego wont allow him to admit it was a bad move and that this team needs a major tweak, not a minor one.

A healthy Atlanta or New York (if they add Soto) will win the NL East next season. The Phillies will be competing for a Wild Card if they run it back, and they could very well miss.

Reactions: Halladay

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
Reactions: Rich Nixon

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Hays is f***ing GARBAGE but Dombrowski's ego wont allow him to admit it was a bad move and that this team needs a major tweak, not a minor one.

A healthy Atlanta or New York (if they add Soto) will win the NL East next season. The Phillies will be competing for a Wild Card if they run it back, and they could very well miss.
Barring major injuries i think they will get at least 85 or 86 wins, which is pretty close to a wild card spot. They find just a bad and not atrocious 5th starter and they will win a bit more. I do expect a 3rd place finish though most likely as of now.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Barring major injuries i think they will get at least 85 or 86 wins, which is pretty close to a wild card spot. They find just a bad and not atrocious 5th starter and they will win a bit more. I do expect a 3rd place finish though most likely as of now.

I watched at least 140 games this season. If they run it back, i'll have a lot more time for other activities, thats for sure.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I watched at least 140 games this season. If they run it back, i'll have a lot more time for other activities, thats for sure.
I dont disagree. It would be insane to think this approach would work this time. An aging team will just be another year older. They were on an 86 game pace from Memorial day on, that was 2/3 of the season. Expect something similar next year without a shakeup.

Reactions: Rebels57

snoop88

Apr 15, 2012
Dombrowski and Thomson press conference was brutal.

It’s clear these guys think very highly of themselves and are a bit dismissive of criticism.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Dombrowski and Thomson press conference was brutal.

It’s clear these guys think very highly of themselves and are a bit dismissive of criticism.

Didnt see it but read some. This is the beginning of the end for the fun Phillies era. Didnt last long.

djw99

Feb 18, 2006
We do this almost every time. There are some disasters like Girardi that are the exceptions to the rules. But we wildly overrate what a manger does. It’s fine. Your opinion shouldn’t change.

*Edit* I swear I know how to spell Girardi.
dombrowski needs to do something bold this offseason or he should be gone. this only keeps the pressure off him for another season as now we still have the manager to blame when they come up short again. they can't go back into next season with the same starting roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad