Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Talk | The Slow Crawl to the Season

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Yeah Jesse, calm down bro. :laugh:

EDIT: Oh come on…
IMG_4068.jpeg

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I'm not defending Jesse here, but there's something wrong with this league if there are paper transactions like these that fans take for real, they don't understand that these are moves to satisfy the cap and the CBA.

Like the average fan should not need to know this shit. The NHL is probably the biggest league in terms of fans delving into CBAs and capology of the big-4. It's f***ing sad.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
I'm not defending Jesse here, but there's something wrong with this league if there are paper transactions like these that fans take for real, they don't understand that these are moves to satisfy the cap and the CBA.

Like the average fan should not need to know this shit. The NHL is probably the biggest league in terms of fans delving into CBAs and capology of the big-4. It's f***ing sad.
It's not that complicated

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

Most people in the know like Masisak and Rawal rightfully pointed out RIGHT AWAY that it was a paper transaction. Fans may not understand, but they did, and that's why they're in the position they're in.

I cut away from the live feed because it just felt so awkward. Jesse was backpedaling, Meghan threw him a bone by mentioning that they could've made this transaction yesterday rather than wait until the last second to give him something to gripe about but he still came off like a guy who just got de-pantsed in front of the entire class.

Reactions: madman

Toothless Legend

Oct 15, 2021
Wheat Ridge, CO
Both Kovalenko and Ivan are waiver exempt so it's most likely just paper transactions, certainly for Kovalenko if not both.
This is 100% what it is--and they can't send Ritchie down and Wagner needs waivers. Tomorrow, the Avs need to be below the cap ceiling without LTIR to maximize their LTIR pool. Now that they're below the ceiling, they can LTIR Landy and Poolman, and use the LTIR pool to "bring back" Kovalekno and Ivan, who will almost certainly be starting on Wednesday.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Yeah, not for us. The average fan however? All they see is Richie, Kovalenko and Ivan down and are askin WTF
Agreed. They are likely just paper moves. Maybe something is in the the works, but odds are they are back up for opening night.

I don't really like the clickbaity stuff, but the world we live in.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Yeah, not for us. The average fan however?
I'm sure if it were up to the league NONE of this would be public information. It shouldn't be up to the league as to what info us fans can process and what they think we can't.

That said, this is why a good beat reporter is important, they don't just funnel information to us, they use their knowledge and analysis and add context. Masisak did just that, Montano did not.

Reactions: madman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad