Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Talk | The Slow Crawl to the Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Bringing in Swayman and giving him Rantanen's current money while using the other 4 million Mikko is going to demand on depth, is the kind of move that would build my faith in this management staff.

In other words, never going to happen.

Last edited:

UnkleKraker

May 31, 2007
Washington State
I am telling my kids this is Parshin...

1727884270846.png

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Have some of you people ever even wondered, if Boston would actually have any interest in Mikko? They can't get Swayman signed, so let's trade him for a winger that is going to play beneath Pastrnak but demand more money than him? That'll work.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Have some of you people ever even wondered, if Boston would actually have any interest in Mikko? They can't get Swayman signed, so let's trade him for a winger that is going to play beneath Pastrnak but demand more money than him? That'll work.

They could always flip Rantanen at the deadline for your standard superstar rental package. That would basically bring in a boat load of assets along with Georgiev.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
They could always flip Rantanen at the deadline for a your standard superstar rental package. That would basically bring in a boat load of assets along with Georgiev.
First of all, they couldn't trade for Rantanen as it is without making moves, let alone bring Georgiev along. And then just hope to flip Rantanen again? Third team would have to be involved from the getgo. A third team, that can re-sign Rantanen.

I have a VERY hard time seeing a trade of this complexity being pulled off, even if the FO was contemplating on trading Rantanen which doesn't seem likely at this point.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
There's no way the Avs would move Rants and they won't get Swayman. They have shown they are not willing to pay a high dollar for a goalie since they got burned on Varly. Given Swayman will cost maybe a top 5 contract at his position, but at least a top 10 one... seems radically against the Avs' MO.

Reactions: RoyIsALegend

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
There's no way the Avs would move Rants and they won't get Swayman. They have shown they are not willing to pay a high dollar for a goalie since they got burned on Varly. Given Swayman will cost maybe a top 5 contract at his position, but at least a top 10 one... seems radically against the Avs' MO.
But maybe they're beginning to learn their lesson in this regard? Gives them peace of mind. Nichuksin + Georgiev actually could make a tonne of sense and is basically equal capwise if we add in a league min F for Nuke

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
But maybe they're beginning to learn their lesson in this regard? Gives them peace of mind. Nichuksin + Georgiev actually could make a tonne of sense and is basically equal capwise if we add in a league min F for Nuke
If the Askarov rumors have legs, I'd argue they haven't. Odds are they are going to try Nabokov early too so they can stay cheap in net.

Nobody with any aspirations is trading for Nuke. Boston wouldn't touch him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad