Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Talk | The Slow Crawl to the Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

UnkleKraker

May 31, 2007
Washington State
I may be the only one who doesn't remotely want Swayman. I just don't think spending that kind of money on any goalie works. Cleary Georgie wasn't the right budget move but I think that move might be out there yet.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
I may be the only one who doesn't remotely want Swayman. I just don't think spending that kind of money on any goalie works. Cleary Georgie wasn't the right budget move but I think that move might be out there yet.
how many goalies have we've been through in the past 8 seasons? I'm with you and also subscribe to the 'don't overspend on goalies' but I'm starting to get PTSD and we have the most unpredictable tabdemin the league at the moment. With Annunen now and Nabokov on the way you can have peace of mind (and one of the best goalie tandems in the league for the next ~4-5 years at around 9M total. With a rising cap, that's some nice peace of mind.

With expansion looming and already being a lull in the goaltending talent, Swayman is a guy I would bet on. There's not many other goalies available I'd be willing to do this for, but 8M for 8 years of his prime is a big way to stay competitive for that time period.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
It's a moot point but really, going cheap on the goaltending and settling for average talent only works if the team in front of those goalies is talented enough and deep enough to overcome their shortcomings. The Avs are talented enough (arguably) but they ain't deep enough by any measure. They have to rethink their approach to goaltending because this simply isn't good enough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad