Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Talk | The Slow Crawl to the Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
I can think of plenty of reasons why the Avs would do it. Not a single reason for the Penguins though.
There are rumors of Crosby not re-upping and might want to move if the Pens are not going to be a playoff team. .

The Avs are 1 of the teams.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
There are rumors of Crosby not re-upping and might want to move if the Pens are not goi going to be a playoff team. .

The Avs are 1 of the teams.
Yea, sure. Why would the Pens want Rantanen? If they were to trade Crosby, that's when their rebuild is going to start. They would want futures. No chance in hell Rantanen would want to re-sign there, and I doubt they would want to do it either.

Unless they would somehow have a third party involved, who they would flip Rantanen to at retained salary, where that team would be re-signing Rantanen immediately so the Pens could get enough value out of that trade. That's a lot of moving parts.

If Crosby demanded a trade to the Avs, they would want something other than Rantanen.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Not with that attitude.

jim-carrey-obnoxious.gif

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I can't think of a single reason why this trade would exist
My post was more a joke than anything else. However IF it were to happen there would need to be a third team involved where Mikko would be willling to go to.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Not really, he's going to be in their top-6 and that was the case all the time. Which is kinda crazy why he held out for this long.

Did you watch any of their first round loss to Boston?

He didn't play a single game on anything but the 3rd/4th lines.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Dude actually got a raise at 31 and is now locked in for 5 more years.

I just don't see a happy ending here.
I just don't think he's that good. No offense whatsoever and he's hardly an elite shutdown defender. He's just...really big. That's a lot to be paying a middle-pairing guy who's merely "good" on his best day.

Building around guys like this is a huge reason why Seattle remains inept offensively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad