Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Talk | The Slow Crawl to the Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
lol. The Flyers sought to trade him; then they waived him and wanted him to go to the AHL. Johansen bummed around before showing up in Philly and then told them when he arrived he was injured:
What did Philly expect? They had to know asking/expecting a vet like RyJo to go to the AHL was never going to work. RyJo isn't stupid, he and his agent were going to do anything and everything to make sure that it didn't happen, even if it meant go the injured route. The last thing RyJo was going to do was report to the AHL.

Philly made a bad trade, tried to wiggle around it, and got the injured card. They have to deal with it. If they can prove his hip injury actually occurred as a non hockey injury they might have a case. Good luck with that.

Players get "injured" all the time and go on LTIR, look at Mark Stone. What I don't understand is why Philly is going through this process, just LTIR him, pay him his like 4M or whatever portion he's owed by Philly and move the f*** on. If you are a NHL owner and can't eat 4M, then you probably shouldn't be an owner. If it's the principle they are going after, then whatever. I guess whatever floats your boat.

Trying to prove he got a non hockey injury and going the material breach of contract route which will end in a dollar amount settlement anyways, seems insane. Just accept you made a dumb/bad trade pay the guy and move on.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
Lol, Philly is trying to pull some BS on RyJo. He was magically fine to play in all his Avs games up until we traded him. Then all of sudden he's injured when he gets traded to Philly. Yeah right. I hope Philly doesn't get bailed on that.
This point is so enlightening.

I now understand a lot better why you hold some of the opinions that you do about the Avs.

• Haha
Reactions: missionAvs

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Ryjo being bought out is fantastic news for the Avs.

It means NSH also clears up 4m in cap space.

You know who makes 4m? Ross Colton, who they've been rumored to want.

Colton for Askarov #Confirmed
And what does Ross Colton want? He has a full NTC.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
What did Philly expect? They had to know asking/expecting a vet like RyJo to go to the AHL was never going to work. RyJo isn't stupid, he and his agent were going to do anything and everything to make sure that it didn't happen, even if it meant go the injured route. The last thing RyJo was going to do was report to the AHL.

Philly made a bad trade, tried to wiggle around it, and got the injured card. They have to deal with it. If they can prove his hip injury actually occurred as a non hockey injury they might have a case. Good luck with that.

Players get "injured" all the time and go on LTIR, look at Mark Stone. What I don't understand is why Philly is going through this process, just LTIR him, pay him his like 4M or whatever portion he's owed by Philly and move the f*** on. If you are a NHL owner and can't eat 4M, then you probably shouldn't be an owner. If it's the principle they are going after, then whatever. I guess whatever floats your boat.

Trying to prove he got a non hockey injury and going the material breach of contract route which will end in a dollar amount settlement anyways, seems insane. Just accept you made a dumb/bad trade pay the guy and move on.
Haha okay, chet. Just to really highlight your train of thread after the past few posts, we have rapidly gone from "magically Philly claims he's injured and he never plays for them" (your words, post #1046), to, after I disprove that claim and highlight that Johansen is the one who who showed up in Philly claiming he was suddenly injured, this word salad that basically amounts to 'of COURSE Johansen was going to claim he was magically injured! Philly basically FORCED him to claim he was injured because they foresaw that he would have to claim he was injured if faced with the AHL and therefore Philly is responsible for saying he was magically injured!'

It's okay to sometimes admit you're wrong, man. Anyways, have a great rest of your summer.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
You won't find a vet of 500+ NHL games that doesn't have a LTIR level injury. Whether or not a player will agree or a team wants to push it is a different story. RyJo 100% has a hip issue, but given the right treatment and motivation he could play through it as he did with Nashville for year and with the Avs. Doing that for Philly and Torts... and by extension the AHL is less motivating.

This probably ends in semantics... where Philly is saying with treatment he can play, he just refuses to. Where RyJo says he needs time to heal (and is probably refusing surgery). It'll be an interesting ruling and the NHLPA will fight to not have it be precedent.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
We'll see where this one goes eventually, could be ugly.

GVcyzR0XwAAsc9W.jpg

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Kinda weird that Johansen played 63 games with the Avs last season until the TDL and after being traded to the Flyers... all of sudden he's dead
Players play through injury all the time. He just didn't feel like doing it in the AHL, as opposed to doing it for a cup contender.

Reactions: The Moops

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Then it's not an injury problem
Yeah well, that's what the Flyers are trying to argue here. But it's a very difficult scenario overall, not just this specific case. The team obviously can't force a player to play if he feels he's injured. But to what extent does this work? Can a player just fake a phantom injury to the end of the world and sit at home collecting a pay cheque?

I guess there are some rules about second opinions and whatnot on the CBA for cases like this. The player can seek a second opinion even if club doctors see him fit for service.

Reactions: McMetal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad